Visual Studio Options

This is a discussion on Visual Studio Options within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hello, I am just converting from using C# in Visual Studio 2005, to now using C++ in Visual Studio 2008. ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    36

    Visual Studio Options

    Hello,

    I am just converting from using C# in Visual Studio 2005, to now using C++ in Visual Studio 2008. Previously, there were two things I noticed that were a real help, that not longer seem to occur in VS 2008 - is there a way I can enable them?

    1. When you click on one of a pair of parenthesis, the other of the pair is highlighted.
    2. During debugging, if you have a statement such as y = 5 * (x + 2), and you hover the mouse over the bracket, it will display the value of that bracket - ie. the value of x + 2.

    Any ideas on how I can bring in this functionality?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    148
    Any chance you could tell me how to activate the highlighting of parenthsis in VS 2005?

    Mine isn't doing that and I miss it.

    thanks!

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. more then 100errors in header
    By hallo007 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-13-2007, 08:26 AM
  2. We Got _DEBUG Errors
    By Tonto in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 04:45 PM
  3. C++ std routines
    By siavoshkc in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 12:13 AM
  4. load gif into program
    By willc0de4food in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 09:43 AM
  5. Learning OpenGL
    By HQSneaker in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 08:57 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21