Sort pointers

This is a discussion on Sort pointers within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hello i have some problem withe sorting pointers can some one help me ? the problem is : i give ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6

    Question Sort pointers

    Hello

    i have some problem withe sorting pointers can some one help me ?

    the problem is : i give in how much pointer i want to sort with max of 20
    plus one exta
    when i give example in: first how much. then i give in: w d e f r and the extra is s
    the extra letter can be every letter.
    after the sort the extra letter (s) what is the place of it

    you get: d e f r s w the s stand on place 5

    i hope that some one can help me with this ?

    gr, T&T

  2. #2
    C++ Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    22,303
    Sorry, I do not understand what you are saying. Please rephrase your question to use complete sentences. It would help to clarify your example, and to post your attempt.
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Version Control System: Bazaar

    Look up a C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
    Sorry, I do not understand what you are saying. Please rephrase your question to use complete sentences. It would help to clarify your example, and to post your attempt.
    (Maximum 21 pointers )

    Program must be:

    how much pointer you whant to sort ? -> editbox <- user gives 5 (the value the user plus 1)
    Give the pointers. -> editbox<- at here must be value of user plus one (totaly 6)
    this are the sorted pointers. ->editbox<- sorted pointers
    the place of the extra pointer. -> editbox<- place of the extra pointer


    i hope you can help me now ?

    gr T&T

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by tamme tekkel View Post

    i hope you can help me now ?

    gr T&T
    We still do not see your code...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    tjb
    tjb is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    31
    Sorting pointers, as in, taking in a set of values, placing them in an array, having an array of pointers that point to them, and instead of sorting the original array, sorting the array of pointers instead? (The array of pointers need not be real pointers, but must allow some way of referring to the items in the original array containing the values).

    Or is it something else?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6

    Question re pointer sort

    this is my code:

    The printed tekst is in Dutch.
    only a sort this is the option wat i want in this code.
    i hope that someone me cab help me?



    T&T
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6

    C++ builder 6

    Hello,

    everyone say to me it's better to use C++builder instead of
    turbo C++. A colleage send me a working cpp in builder
    only how i can make it work.
    I read the help file that in builder you need a header file and
    (object treeview and object inspector) How many buttons and
    boxes i need ?
    can some one help me with this ?
    For me builde it's new.

    gr,
    T&T
    Attached Files Attached Files

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. function pointers
    By benhaldor in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 11:56 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-10-2006, 07:08 PM
  3. pointers and vectors
    By rwmarsh in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 12:06 AM
  4. pointers
    By InvariantLoop in forum C Programming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 09:32 AM
  5. Request for comments
    By Prelude in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 10:33 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21