Hi, as part of my course at uni we have started to learn C++. One of the projects we are working on is a diary. Its supposed to do the following:
The Diary objects created in previous weeks were hardly realistic as they had either a single meeting object inside or a single day containing an array of meetings. This practical attempts to build a more realistic diary having 365/6 day objects built in (depending on leap year or not), each with the capability of holding a variable number of meetings and having the ability to both add and delete meetings.
The new Diary class will provide the following :-
* A constructor specifying the year for the diary as an integer
* An addMeeting function/method which specifies a meeting object and the date of the meeting
* A deleteMeeting function/method which specifies the date and time of the meeting to be removed
* A display function/method which specifies the date and displays all meetings on that day
* A displayFirst function/method which specifies a date and displays the first meeting on that day or returns an empty string if none
* A displayNext function/method which specifies the date and displays the next meeting on that date or returns an empty string if no more
The day class should be revised to provide for the following :-
* A variable number of meeting objects - using a Vector collection class rather than an array
* Meetings should be added in time of day order
* If an attempt to add a meeting starting at the same time as another on any given day, this should not be allowed and an error signalled to the user
* Meetings may overlap but an error message should be displayed to the user
The meeting class should be revised to provide for the following :-
* A function/method to return the start time of the meeting (e.g. in minutes from midnight)
* A function/method to return the duration of the meeting
The part i'm having trouble with at the moment is related to addingmeetings. Even when meetings do not overlap the user is given a message informing them that they do. I was hoping that someone could point out where my logic was failing. The add meeting function is in day.cpp.
Thanks in advance for any help!!