I dunno. I found and fixed some bugs, and so the use increased to 0.05. The biggest culprit is AppendInt and boost::lexical_cast.
This is a discussion on Quick question about types... within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; I dunno. I found and fixed some bugs, and so the use increased to 0.05. The biggest culprit is AppendInt ...
So. If your program runs a hundred seconds, it spends five of those in this part of the code. If you optimize this code to take half as long, it will spend 2.5 seconds there, reducing the total runtime of the program to 97.5 seconds.so the use increased to 0.05
Shouldn't you be looking elsewhere?
All the buzzt!
"There is not now, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be, any programming language in which it is the least bit difficult to write bad code."
- Flon's Law
Perhaps, but then again, perhaps not.
The DLL is called by Excel's VBA and does all the work, and according to CodeAnalyst, takes 0.05, but Excel itself takes up a little more than that.
That doesn't make much sense, since all VBA does is call the DLL once and let it do the grunt work.
However, it is true that it calls back to VBA for some operations.
And... it takes around 100 ms, which is far too slow for such a simple code.
The DLL is the only place I can make optimizations.
Meh, I seem to get different results everywhere. On a system wide basis, I think it got 0.11 time samples.
In Excel, it got 0.35 timer samples...