Ok, I recently downloaded NetBeans to use as an IDE, but I cannot make NetBeans run my C++ application. I'll try to summarize, any help would be greatly appreciated:
1) I can build+link just fine. I am using all the Cygwin GNU stuff (g++, gdb, ld, etc).
2) I can go into Cygwin and manually run my application.
3) Running through NetBeans results in exit code 53 (something about network path not found).
4) I can build and run a sample program that comes with the NetBeans IDE.
5) I am linking a couple of DLLs. I'm not clear on if they are statically, or dynamically linked, but after searching the internet I thought maybe one of them is dynamically linked and the NetBeans IDE cannot find it. But my PATH variable is pretty much the same in Cygwin, and in Windows. (one of the dlls is a postgresql library, the other basically a math library)
6) I tried playing with pretty much all the options in NetBeans (additional library search directories, extra compiler/linker options such as --enable-shared etc., but nothing seems to work).
I've wasted like 4 hours trying to figure this out. Please help if you have any ideas!! Thanks.