program run as service

This is a discussion on program run as service within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; I need a program which run as service (in the background). The program read a txt file where are informations: ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4

    Unhappy program run as service

    I need a program which run as service (in the background). The program read a txt file where are informations: date/time, message.
    example TXT file: Date:2008/05/30 Time:20:00 Message:Go to cinema.

    When turn on the alarm, put on screen the message which is written in txt file (Go to cinema).

    Any idea...

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    Quote Originally Posted by statquos View Post
    I need a program which run as service (in the background). The program read a txt file where are informations: date/time, message.
    example TXT file: Date:2008/05/30 Time:20:00 Message:Go to cinema.

    When turn on the alarm, put on screen the message which is written in txt file (Go to cinema).

    Any idea...
    This program called TaskScheduler and is part of the Windows - use it
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5
    If you will write program this will help you.

    http://www.devx.com/cplus/Article/9857

    There is code which I use it very efficient.You can easily modify it and make an event agenda.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Help on making program run more efficiently
    By peeweearies in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 02:01 AM
  2. running my program as service
    By daher in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 12:30 PM
  3. Help me with my basic program, nothing I create will run
    By Ravens'sWrath in forum C Programming
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-13-2007, 02:35 AM
  4. Run program as Windows 2003 Service
    By magic.mike in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 03:39 PM
  5. eek a virus
    By MisterSako in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 03:29 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21