Downloading With Progress Bar [General or Borland c++]

This is a discussion on Downloading With Progress Bar [General or Borland c++] within the C++ Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hello all, how many here knows, this is possible using the urlmon.h of Windows API, but i dont know how ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    22

    Downloading With Progress Bar [General or Borland c++]

    Hello all, how many here knows, this is possible using the urlmon.h of Windows API, but i dont know how to use it with Borland C++, i get a strange error, so, if anyone here can write a class that use URLDownloadToFile with IBindStatusCallback class, it'll help me(and others) too much...

    It can be simple, just show the progress, the speed(if can), and time left.

    Thank You.

    I google'd the internet, but just get codes to MFC or visual c++ that dont work with my application.

    2:
    There is any way to get a text file total lines without loop all file?
    Last edited by splintter; 03-24-2008 at 11:48 PM.

  2. #2
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ! Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,663
    Is there a reason you need to use Borland? It's old and pretty poor these days.
    There are better free alternatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    22
    I'm a older Delphi Programmer... just by it...

    I have tried to use visual c++ express, but it uses .NET plataform, and i dont want to use this (because some clients doesn't like it)...

    You cant help me? =[~

    Source Code is attached... (i just cleaned some parts, but the important is here)
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    tried to use visual c++ express, but it uses .NET plataform
    it could use, and also it could not to use - depends on the type of the project you create
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    22
    Yes, but it doesn't allow to create a form by drag & drop like Borland C++, it allows only using .net

    Or i'm wrong, but i cant find how...

    Sorry for being noob, i just programmed C++ console app before... with devc++

    I need help with downloading with progress bar, just it ;/

  6. #6
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ! Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,663
    "Windows Form Applications" are .NET, but Windows Application are Win32, native.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    22
    Yes, but here, the "Win32 Project" is code only, so i cant make a form without write the code for it (drag & drop)...

    I just want help to download something with progressbar and etc,

    BUT, anyone can help me codding this? on .net it will be more easy? how i can use it with visual c++ so?

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Progress Bar
    By Stabbsy in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 09:30 PM
  2. Updating a progress bar
    By NewGuy100 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 12:00 PM
  3. beach bar (sims type game)
    By DrKillPatient in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 12:32 PM
  4. progress bar newbie
    By WaterNut in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:42 PM
  5. File Through Winsock & Progress on bar
    By (TNT) in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2001, 09:50 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21