Adding Icons to program

This is a discussion on Adding Icons to program within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me or give me a link on how to give my program ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3

    Adding Icons to program

    Hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me or give me a link on how to give my program an icon. i have the icon i want for it, but just dont no how to put it into the program. i tried google searching and nothing came up.

    thanks!

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,456
    Quote Originally Posted by dave2142 View Post
    Hey i was wondering if anyone could tell me or give me a link on how to give my program an icon. i have the icon i want for it, but just dont no how to put it into the program. i tried google searching and nothing came up.

    thanks!
    Could you tell what is the IDE, project type and library you are using (for example Win32 API, MFC, etc)
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3
    win32, just pathches a few addresses.

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,456
    Then I suppose you are using the RegisterClass/RegisterClassEx function

    The WNDCLASSEX structure contains handle of the Icon to use
    Here is the sample code
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...75(VS.85).aspx
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3
    thanks heaps.

  6. #6
    Registered User Codeplug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,630
    For the icon that you see on your exe in explorer, you have to compile the icon as a resource in your exe.

    gg

  7. #7
    Dr Dipshi++ mike_g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    On me hyperplane
    Posts
    1,218
    Alternaviely you could use an app like Resouce Hacker for it.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Program Plan
    By Programmer_P in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 01:42 AM
  2. Client-server system with input from separate program
    By robot-ic in forum Networking/Device Communication
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 02:30 PM
  3. I need some help with my program please.
    By agentxx04 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 07:51 AM
  4. Syntax for adding a program to autoexec.bat...
    By Sebastiani in forum C Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2002, 12:38 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21