hi all(function problem )

This is a discussion on hi all(function problem ) within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; hi all i am new here straight to the point -------------------------------------------------------- Code: #include<stdio.h> void ekleme( int *s, int *t ) ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16

    Exclamation hi all(function problem )

    hi all i am new here
    straight to the point
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Code:
    #include<stdio.h>
    
    
    
    void ekleme( int *s, int *t )
    {
    	while('\0' != *s)
      {
        ++s;
      }
      
        while('\0' != (*s = *t)){
        ++s;
        ++t;
      }
    
    }
      
    
    
    
    
    
    
    
    main(){
           
        int a;   
        int b=0,c=0;
          
        char string1[1000],string2[1000];   
           
           while((a=getchar()) !=EOF)
                string1[b++]=a;
              
                string1[b]=0;         
           
           
            while((a=getchar()) !=EOF)
                string2[c++]=a;
              
              string2[c]=0;
           
           
      void ekleme( int *string1, int *string2 );
           
           printf("%s",string1);
        
           
           getchar();
           return 0;
           }
    ---------------------------------------------------

    this is my source code
    it is a program to copy the string2 to the end of string 1 by calling ekleme routine with pointers

    In the book i study c programming i can solve every problem so far without calling functions in main including this one but not with functions like ekleme

    i think i am doing something wrong here with the function but what?

    i would be grateful if someone can explain
    thanks

    p.s. compiler gives me error messages if i dont use
    void ekleme( int *string1, int *string2 );
    in everywhere why is that?

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    void ekleme( int *string1, int *string2 );
    is function prototype not function call

    function call will be

    ekleme( string1, string2 );
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16
    [Warning] passing arg 1 of `ekleme' from incompatible pointer type
    i get this warning when i do it and it still doesn t work properly

    it is the same
    just prints the string1 as it is in the beginning...

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    prototype of ekleme (why not myStrCat?) should be

    void ekleme(char* dst, const char * src);

    You have problems with entering 2 strings... After stdio receives EOF it cannot give you any char without resetting the error flag

    Maybe - better to stop on \n? or even use fgets instead of loop?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16
    You have problems with entering 2 strings... After stdio receives EOF it cannot give you any char without resetting the error flag

    but i tested that
    both of the strings are there when i say printf string 2 or 1

    void ekleme(char* dst, const char * src); why constant char?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16
    hi again

    i get the code to work but only when i do the following:
    1-compile and run
    2-write something on keyboard for string1
    3-press Enter twice but why?
    4-put EOF character
    5-press enter once
    6-write something on keyboard for string2
    7-press Enter twice
    8-put EOF character
    9-press enter

    voila!!
    string2 is copied to the end of string1

    only on one of the step 3 and 7 you have to press Enter twice

    does this have something to do with getchar()?
    and how do i get input from keyboard to assign arrays by any other way


    thanks
    Last edited by benhaldor; 08-11-2007 at 04:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16
    i have another function problem
    any help would be good

    Code:
      
    
    
    #include<stdio.h>
    #include<ctype.h>
    
    int i,d;
    void rever(char string1[],char string2[])
    {
        extern int d,i;
    
        string2[i++]=string1[d--];    
         
           if(d>=0)
    /*12.line*/    rever( string1[],string2[]);
        
        }
    
    
    
    
    
    main(){
          extern int d,i;
          int a,b,c;
          extern char string1[1000],string2[1000];
          
          
          a=0;
          while((b=getchar()) !=EOF)
                string1[a++]=b;
              
                 string2[a]=0; 
           
           d=a-1;
          i=0; 
     /*34. line*/    rever(string1[],string2[]);
           string2[i]=0;
          
          
           printf("%s",string2);
           
        
           
           getchar();
           return 0;
           }

    i get this error as usual

    syntax error before ']' token
    line 12 and 34(both lines when i call rever() function)
    i always get this but why?

    again any help at all will be appriciated

  8. #8
    ZuK
    ZuK is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,990
    Quote Originally Posted by benhaldor View Post
    syntax error before ']' token
    line 12 and 34(both lines when i call rever() function)
    i always get this but why?
    Its a syntax error. just as the compiler tells.
    Try
    Code:
    rever( string1,string2);
    Kurt

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16
    yeah thanks zuk

    actually i figured it out by myself before you posted but thanks anyway

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Need help understanding a problem
    By dnguyen1022 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 04:21 PM
  2. Memory problem with Borland C 3.1
    By AZ1699 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 10:22 AM
  3. Someone having same problem with Code Block?
    By ofayto in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 08:38 AM
  4. A question related to strcmp
    By meili100 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 02:51 PM
  5. WS_POPUP, continuation of old problem
    By blurrymadness in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 06:54 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21