new student

This is a discussion on new student within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; i am a new student of cprgramming. i waned a basic sample of getchar() function so, please help me....

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8

    new student

    i am a new student of cprgramming. i waned a basic sample of getchar() function so, please help me.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8
    a sample of a getchar() function

  3. #3
    C++ Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    22,312
    Take a look at cppreference.com's Standard C I/O pages.

    As I stated in the other (now deleted) thread, read the forum guidelines, read the homework policy (also at the announcements section), search the board and search the Web before you ask. Oh, and use descriptive names for your threads.
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Version Control System: Bazaar

    Look up a C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  4. #4
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211
    Code:
    int c = getchar();
    There we go. An example.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    2,129
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Code:
    int c = getchar();
    not in C.
    Code:
    int c;
    c = getchar();

  6. #6
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by robwhit View Post
    not in C.
    Code:
    int c;
    c = getchar();
    And why not?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Updating in a sequential file?
    By Ronnyv1 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 05:41 PM
  2. Database assignment is Killing me!
    By Boltrig in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 03:56 AM
  3. LinkList Sorting in C
    By simly01 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 01:21 PM
  4. Creating a student grade book-how?
    By Hopelessly confused in forum C Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-03-2002, 09:43 PM
  5. A few tips please...
    By gems in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2002, 03:28 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21