regarding html in c

This is a discussion on regarding html in c within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; iam working in linux environment. wht i need is i want to create HTML file using c. is there any ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    90

    regarding html in c

    iam working in linux environment.
    wht i need is i want to create HTML file using c.
    is there any special libraries for html.
    other wise how can i write html file
    thank u,
    sre

  2. #2
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211
    Um...

    Code:
    printf("<html>");
    Like that? Then you don't need anything per se.... Just write it to a file.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    90
    u mean we have to write just lika a normal file

  4. #4
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211
    You don't need a C program to write HTML. You can write it yourself in a text file, or use some advanced editor to put it all together if that's all you want.

    If you wanted a C program to dynamically create an HTML page.... check into how CGI scripts are handled. Standard output would be the HTML file the client receives and standard input would be input from the user.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    90
    thank u very much
    can u plzzz provide me some more details of CGI scripts.
    any tutorials.
    i want to write dyanmic HTML using c

  6. #6
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211
    Not sure how accurate this is, but.....: http://www.howstuffworks.com/cgi.htm

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    90
    i think it's not useful to my requirement
    so anyother way

  8. #8
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211
    So what are you even trying to do?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    90
    iam stroing some data in xml file .
    i want to show this xml data in HTML file

  10. #10
    aoeuhtns
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    581
    C is not the tool for this job. Use a different programming language.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who cringed when reading the beginning of this sentence and those who salivated to how superior they are for understanding something as simple as binary.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    90
    sorry can i know wht is tht language

  12. #12
    aoeuhtns
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    581
    Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding you.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who cringed when reading the beginning of this sentence and those who salivated to how superior they are for understanding something as simple as binary.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    90
    i need only in "C".
    how can i create dynamic HTML in c.
    is there any libraries just like for xml.
    thank u
    sree

  14. #14
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    If you have library for xml you surely have xmltransform function that can generate the html based on the xml and xsl buffers
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    90
    thank u,we have libxml2 for xml in tht i don't find any transform function to generate html file

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Please Help - C code creates dynamic HTML
    By Christie2008 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 07:36 PM
  2. Writing an HTML Preprocessor
    By thetinman in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2007, 08:01 AM
  3. cpp to html
    By toysoldier in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 09:21 AM
  4. Design + HTML
    By orbitz in forum C Programming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-21-2002, 05:32 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21