Working with WAVs

This is a discussion on Working with WAVs within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Has anyone had some expirience on working with wav files? I have to manipulate with chunks, and each of those ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1

    Working with WAVs

    Has anyone had some expirience on working with wav files?
    I have to manipulate with chunks, and each of those has a function for its self?

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Filip Waver View Post
    Has anyone had some expirience on working with wav files?
    I have to manipulate with chunks, and each of those has a function for its self?
    what are you talking about? chunks don't have functions... At least not inside the wav-file.

    You can write functions that will extract data from each chuck according to its format, or you can use some library, that will do it for you...

    If you choose the first way - you can start with reading some info about wave-file, for example here http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/tech/wave.htm
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Math wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    582
    I wrote a small program that automates a task where I change the sample rate of a source file saving numerous output files with different sample rates. This changes the speed of the song or sound effect without modifying the wave itself, preserving the quality indefinitely. Basically, the WAV file header, being 44 total bytes, describes the file like the sample rate, number of channels, bits per sample, and other such related data.

    Just what do you want to manipulate anyway?

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Function not working
    By sloopy in forum C Programming
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 07:08 PM
  2. Program Not working Right
    By raven420smoke in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 03:21 AM
  3. Trying to eject D drive using code, but not working... :(
    By snowfrog in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 07:47 PM
  4. x on upper right corner not working
    By caduardo21 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 07:35 PM
  5. cygwin -> unix , my code not working properly ;(
    By CyC|OpS in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-18-2002, 04:08 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21