Problem with _mangled_main. kinda urgent :\

This is a discussion on Problem with _mangled_main. kinda urgent :\ within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hi there. I'm with a problem. I'm programming an allegro simulation and I have made a typedef struct bola_st and ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5

    Problem with _mangled_main. kinda urgent :\

    Hi there.

    I'm with a problem. I'm programming an allegro simulation and I have made a typedef struct bola_st and g is a pointer to this struct.

    Code:
     
        typedef struct bola_st{
            float x,y,z,t;
            bola_st *next;
            } bola_st;
    
        bola_st *g=malloc(sizeof(bola_st)*bolasps*sqrt(h/4.9));

    and when I'm compiling the following error message appears:

    cannot convert `_mangled_main(int, char**)::bola_st*' to `bola_st*' for argument `1' to `double calculo(bola_st*, float, float, int, float)'

    in this line

    Code:
     calculo(g,TEMPO_TOTAL,b,h,bolasps);
    (calculo is a function)

    I don't know why this is appearing...I would be pretty thankful if anyone help me

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,456
    take the typedef out of main
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    I've made the typedef in and out of the main :\

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,456
    Quote Originally Posted by LacerdaPT
    I've made the typedef in and out of the main :\
    in this case you should post more code

    try to post the sample that can be compiled and represents the error
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    the same problem appears when I call the function "desenhar" that requires the pointer g too

    the header of the .c file is this
    Code:
    typedef struct bola_st{
            float x,y,z,t;
            struct bola *next;
            } bola_st;
    
    double calculo(struct bola_st *, float, float ,int, float);
    void desenhar(struct bola_st*, float ,BITMAP *, BITMAP *, BITMAP *, float );
    and here I call the functions..

    Code:
    while(var_tempo>0){
             calculo(g,TEMPO_TOTAL,b,h,bolasps); var_tempo--;
             }
             desenhar(g, h, pistola_lado, bola, bola_preta, bolasps);
        }
    and then I start defining the functions

    Code:
    double calculo(struct bola_st *g, float TEMPO_TOTAL, float h, int b, float bolasps){
    (...)
    void desenhar(struct bola_st *g, float h, BITMAP *pistola_lado, BITMAP *bola, BITMAP *bola_preta, float bolasps){
    (...)

  6. #6
    The larch
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,573
    bola_st *g=malloc(sizeof(bola_st)*bolasps*sqrt(h/4.9));

    What is this meant to do? You are using floats to allocate memory?

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    I'm defining the size of the memory to allocate, so I used the function sizeof() and do it n times..this n is a float

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    actually it is not lol I missed that... I typecasted it now thanks lol

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. searching problem
    By DaMenge in forum C Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 01:04 AM
  2. string comparision : Urgent problem
    By karanmitra in forum C Programming
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 05:38 PM
  3. Bin packing problem....
    By 81N4RY_DR460N in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 05:20 AM
  4. Words and lines count problem
    By emo in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 03:36 PM
  5. half ADT (nested struct) problem...
    By CyC|OpS in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2002, 08:37 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21