About the functions in C.

This is a discussion on About the functions in C. within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Where can I find all the functions ( printf, rand(), for()......) in C (because I am a beginner, I don't ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1

    About the functions in C.

    Where can I find all the functions ( printf, rand(), for()......)
    in C (because I am a beginner, I don't know too many functions..^^)
    and how to use them...

    I want website, thanks.

  2. #2
    MFC killed my cat! manutd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    870
    Check here.
    Silence is better than unmeaning words.
    - Pythagoras
    My blog

  3. #3
    Eager young mind
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    342
    you can take a look at the man pages if you are on linux.
    type "man <funtion name> " at the prompt
    In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity

  4. #4
    MFC killed my cat! manutd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    870
    I think he wants a list, so that he doesn't have to know the functions in order to use them.
    Silence is better than unmeaning words.
    - Pythagoras
    My blog

  5. #5
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  6. #6
    MFC killed my cat! manutd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    870
    BTW, king_ysf, for is not a function, it's a loop.
    Silence is better than unmeaning words.
    - Pythagoras
    My blog

  7. #7
    Fear the Reaper...
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    625
    I think it's more of a control flow statement, but whatever.
    Teacher: "You connect with Internet Explorer, but what is your browser? You know, Yahoo, Webcrawler...?" It's great to see the educational system moving in the right direction

  8. #8
    MFC killed my cat! manutd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    870
    Regardless, it's not a function.
    Silence is better than unmeaning words.
    - Pythagoras
    My blog

  9. #9
    Frequently Quite Prolix dwks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,046
    dwk

    Seek and ye shall find. quaere et invenies.

    "Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it." -- Alan Perlis
    "Testing can only prove the presence of bugs, not their absence." -- Edsger Dijkstra
    "The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing." -- John Powell


    Other boards: DaniWeb, TPS
    Unofficial Wiki FAQ: cpwiki.sf.net

    My website: http://dwks.theprogrammingsite.com/
    Projects: codeform, xuni, atlantis, nort, etc.

  10. #10
    Fear the Reaper...
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    625
    Hmm, my bad, I guess manutd was right.
    Teacher: "You connect with Internet Explorer, but what is your browser? You know, Yahoo, Webcrawler...?" It's great to see the educational system moving in the right direction

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Void Functions Help
    By bethanne41 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 05:30 PM
  2. Functions and Classes - What did I do wrong?
    By redmage in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 11:50 AM
  3. calling functions within functions
    By edd1986 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:35 AM
  4. Factory Functions HOWTO
    By GuardianDevil in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 01:41 PM
  5. Shell functions on Win XP
    By geek@02 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 05:39 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21