I would like to get started on C programming, however, I am unsure about the following and made some notes. Here are my questions. If possible, can you provide examples to the questions. Also, can anyone recommend a good begginers book for C programming. Thanks.
1. There are a few types of integers such as short, int, and long. Why do we need more than one type of integers?
2. why don't we simply define one variable for all?
3. what will happen if I declare a long integer as short and vice versa?
4. What is the difference between variable initialization and assignment? How do we initialize a variable of type <int> with a constant number?
5. Why would you want to declare a variable that you are not going to use?
6. What will be the content of variable if we do not assign a "zero" during initialization?
7.Why don't we just assign the variable during variable declaration instead of doing the initialization and then assign the variable later?
Just to let you know, I have been reading all the threads and it has sparked me to go into the programming field. Thanks for all the help.