I was given a few questions on a study guide for a computer science class. I am not sure of a few of them. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your help!!!
1. The two fundamental pointer operations are ______.
a) initialization and declaration
b) allocation and deallocation
c) referencing and de-referencing
d) increment and decrement
2. The process by which global varialbes are allocated memory is called ____.
a) automatic memory allocation
b) dynamic memory allocation
c) static memory allocation
d) latent memory allocation
3. Which of the following may NOT lead to the inefficient use of memory?
a) failure to deallocate memory no longer in use
b) having multiple pointers that reference the same memory location
c) having an inaccessible chunk of memory
d) static allocation of memory as in the case of an array
4. Which of the following is true about a binary file?
a) Its contents can be directly accessed using a text editor since it containts ASCII characters.
b) Its contents can be randomly accessed.
c) It is platform-independent since it can be transferred from one architecture to another without any problems.
d) Processing binary files takes a considerably longer time than text files
5. Which of the following is FALSE about a pointer-based implementation of a linked list?
a) It uses self-referential structures.
b) It involves dynamic memory allocation.
c) Its length must be predefined.
d) Any of its elements can be deleted while preserving all of its other elements.