This is my problem and I am wondering how I go about solving it.... I would really appreciate help on this:
As an employer of a software company, your team has been asked to develop a sales analysis program to track sales performance for any company (by salesperson and by quarter). The program will need all sales summaries from data entry. The data for each summary will be the sales person's number, the quarter in which the sale took place and the sales amount. The sales transactions are in no particular order.
The following are the main tasks which you are required to carry out:
a) Analysing problem, this involves:
1. Describing the problem.
2. Identify Inputs, that is the data you have to work with.
3. Identify output, that is the desired results.
4. Identify any additional requirements or constraints on the solution.
b) Design of the program, this involves two main tasks:
1. Discussion of the algorithms needed to solve the problem. It is also desirable to write Pseudocode to describe the steps of these algorithms.
2. Appropriate use of functions.
3. A flowchart of the program logic.
c) Implementation of the program which involves:
1. The fully commented source of the program.
2. Comments describe the data requirements; these should accompany the variable declarations.
3. Comments describe the purpose of each algorithm step.
Testing the complete program to verify that it works as desired. Create four sample data:
1. Use only correct data.
2. Include a salesperson number that is greater than or equal to the number of sales people (assuming that salesperson numbers are ascending, starting at 1).
3. Include a quarter number greater than 4 (Summer).
4. Place a data format error such as a letter where a number belongs.
Check that your correct file produces reasonable results: The sum of the salesperson totals should match the sum of the quarterly totals.
Thanks... and I would be very grateful for help over this....