I need some help with this exercise:
I am required to print a box, using the coordinates given by a certain user on the keyboard.
The FIRST (x1,y1) coordinates correspond to the "upper left" hand corner-point of the box, and the SECOND (x2,y2) coordinates correspond to the "lower right" hand corner-point of the box.
It sounds easy right ?? But wait......
The lines (and construction) of the box should not use the traditional characters seen on the keyboard such as "-" or "=" or "*"..., etc...
It must use those Extended ASCII Character Codes... (that, disappointingly, I couldn't type here on the screen)..
But I researched on "www.asciitable.com" and I got their corresponding decimal values..
Here are they:
1. value 213 =(which looks like letter "F")
2. value 212 =(which looks like the vertically inverted letter "F")
3. value 205 =(which looks like the equal "=" sign)
4. value 179 =(which looks like a vertical bar "|" to me)
5. value 190 =(which looks like the mirror image of value 212)
6. value 184 =(which looks like the mirror image of value 213)
If you get confused by my values and descriptions....
please visit www.asciitable.com
those 6 values above not only tied my head in knots but gave me a painful stomach ulcer --"I surrender !"
You dudes are my only chance !!
Thank you for any advice and codes you may share !!!