Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crossfire

c program running in windows

This is a discussion on c program running in windows within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; I have done a VERY simple currency converter which runs in the command prompt. is it possible to some how ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    26

    c program running in windows

    I have done a VERY simple currency converter which runs in the command prompt. is it possible to some how get this to work as a windows program. I would like to be able to save it and send it to my friends. I would also like to be able to change the size of the font add colour and beeps when incorrect information is entered. I don't know what its called when you go from c to a windows program or how its done. Some direction will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rodney

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    One of the approaches will be to write a front-end in the different lang - more suitable to GUI work when C (for example C#)

    And call the Command line utility in the background, parse its output and present the results in the nice from to the User

    There is a lot of programs using such approach - see for example frontah, which knows how to launch different command line encoders/decoders to trans-code different formats of audio streams.
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    and the hat of wrongness Salem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The edge of the known universe
    Posts
    32,337
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper.
    I support http://www.ukip.org/ as the first necessary step to a free Europe.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    289
    i use QT for my gui, so what i have done was to make the "pretty" gui dialog, then just either INCLUDE the header with my functions to call when i click a button on the gui, or just add the code into the "on click" of the button. Doing that means the only changes i do are to make the GUI.

    another is to use API then include in the same way as i do with QT.


    //EDIT//

    GRRRRRRRRRRR hate double posters!!!!

    ESPECIALLY after i reply to help!!!

    even more when i helped in TWO different posts and find out there both double posted by the same person!!!

    thank you salem for pointing out my anger!!!
    Last edited by Crossfire; 06-30-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Salem likes this.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 11:17 PM
  2. Running old windows games on xp...
    By deathstryke in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 01:51 PM
  3. Running another program in windows
    By Mr_Jack in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 01:01 AM
  4. Running C program in Linux or Windows
    By kepler in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2003, 08:31 AM
  5. Running program from windows program?
    By Brian in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2002, 09:19 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21