Beaufort Wind Scale
Write a program that examines a text file that contains a report of the day’s previous weather. The report may contain any of the following: wind speed in mph or km/hr, description of wind speed, damage reports, and wave conditions. Your task is to decipher this report (usually 1 to 2 paragraphs in length) and determine the most likely wind force based on Beaufort Wind Scale (attached).
1. Read a file that resides in the root directory of the drive supplied (example: E:\weatherreport.txt)
2. Scan the file for keywords or phrases (descriptions, damage, wind speeds, etc) and save each instance.
3. Assign a Beaufort wind force to each instance.
4. Calculate the most likely Beaufort wind force for the report by averaging all the instances by giving wind speeds and wave heights 2x weighing and all others 1x weighing.
5. Generate a report (display and file) according to Appendix A.
6. Prompt the user for another file (1 to continue else exit).
Report Prepared by: Your Name and Date
File Scanned: drive:\XXXXXXXX.txt
1. wind speed instance number Beaufort force
2. wave heights number Beaufort force
1. Damage Type Beaufort force
2. Tree Indications Type Beaufort force
3. Other Type Beaufort force
Numerical Beaufort Force Average (XXXX) x2
Textual Beaufort force Average (XXXX) x1
Synopsis Beaufort force XXXXX (add above/3)