Having Some Trouble With Adding A Library?
Hi, I'm very new to C and I'm following on online course. I'm aware that there may have been other threads similar to this but I can't understand the solutions for those threads. I'm following the CS50 course, so I was given two files, cs50.c and cs50.h. I am aware the ".c" file is a C file, and the ".h" is a header file, but I'm not sure what to do with them. In the cs50.c file there is something that says this:
* To compile as a static library on your own system:
* % gcc -c -ggdb -std=c99 cs50.c -o cs50.o
* % ar rcs libcs50.a cs50.o
* % rm -f cs50.o
* % cp cs50.h /usr/local/include
* % cp libcs50.a /usr/local/lib
I'm confused as to where to enter in this code, if anybody could explain that to me that would be great. I'm a PC user and I code using Code::Blocks.