creating new lines with 1 printf

This is a discussion on creating new lines with 1 printf within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; i need to create multiple lines of text in a shell while using only 1 printf command in notepad but ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11

    creating new lines with 1 printf

    i need to create multiple lines of text in a shell while using only 1 printf command in notepad but the printf must be on multiple lines in notepad, if you dont understand what i mean, i did some paint pictures to accurately describe what i mean, which i can email. My project is due in 3 hours and i spent like 9 hours yesterday trying to figure this out

    thank you

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Code:
    printf(
        "\n"
        "\n"
        "\n"
        "\n"
        "\n"
        "\n"
        "\n"
    );
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11
    Oh thank you so much!!!!!! Yay!!

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Problems reading entered race times C
    By loopymoo26 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 08:38 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 10:25 AM
  3. Double to Int conversion warning
    By wiznant in forum C Programming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-19-2005, 10:25 PM
  4. Please help debug
    By Wexy in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 12:40 AM
  5. help with switch statements
    By Wexy in forum C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 05:44 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21