Disabling Serial Handshaking

This is a discussion on Disabling Serial Handshaking within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; I need to disable all the handshaking for the serial port. What settings of the serial port are the handshaking? ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    278

    Disabling Serial Handshaking

    I need to disable all the handshaking for the serial port. What settings of the serial port are the handshaking? I'm relatively new to this area...

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,459
    For windows take a look at this Serial Communications in Win32

    search for handshaking
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    278
    Thanks vart - However I'm not using Win32, I'm writing software to run on a DOS only computer. I know what I need to disable, I'm just not sure how to do it. I have to set the bits manually, but I'm not sure which ones to set. I originally thought it was the Modem Control Register, but after searching, I'm not so sure.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. serial port to poll on request
    By infineonintern in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 06:52 AM
  2. Lame null append cause buffer to crash
    By cmoo in forum C Programming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 02:27 AM
  3. Music Programming - Serial Matrix Display (Help needed)
    By CrazyHorse in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2007, 03:28 PM
  4. Please help with serial communication problem - Long
    By spdylude in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 09:41 AM
  5. DOS, Serial, and Touch Screen
    By jon_nc17 in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 03:59 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21