check for y condition

This is a discussion on check for y condition within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; let say i have two loops and i want to check if the varibles from one loop can evenly divided ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    28

    check for y condition

    let say i have two loops and i want to check if the varibles from one loop can evenly divided like this
    Code:
    for (y=1;y<5;y++){
         for (x=0;x<1000;x++){
                if (x%y==0){ printf("this one: %d \n",x)}}}
    how can i make the(x%y==0) condition to be checked for every y condtion ranging from
    1 to 5
    i mean how can it make it find every number that can be eveny divided to all number ranging from 1 to 5
    thanks

  2. #2
    and the Hat of Guessing tabstop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,185
    Presumably by putting a semicolon ";" after your printf statement. Once you have that syntactically correct, your if statement will check 4000 different cases (y 1,2,3,4; x from 0 to 999).

  3. #3
    Banned ಠ_ಠ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    687
    Code:
    for (y=1;y<6;y++){
      for (x=0;x<1000;x++){
        if (x%y==0){ 
          printf("this one: %d \n",x);
       }
      }
    }
    If i understand you question correctly this should do it

    edit:
    as stated above, this will not check x=1000
    ╔╗╔══╦╗
    ║║║╔╗║║
    ║╚╣╚╝║╚╗
    ╚═╩══╩═╝

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,452
    Maybe you want something along these lines:
    Code:
    #include <stdio.h>
    
    int main(void)
    {
    	int x,y;
    	for (x=0;x<1000;x++)
    	{
    		int flag = 0;
    		for (y=1;y<=5;y++)
    		{
    			if (x%y)
    			{
    				flag = 1; /*found y that is not dividable by */
    				break;
    			}
    		}
    		if(flag == 0)
    		{
    			/* x is dividable by all y */
    			printf("this one: %d \n",x);
    		}
    	}
    	return 0;
    }
    Last edited by vart; 03-28-2009 at 02:06 PM.
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. BN_CLICKED, change button style
    By bennyandthejets in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 11:42 PM
  2. pLease check my programming~~
    By iedchan in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 10:23 AM
  3. Please check this loop
    By Daesom in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 12:52 AM
  4. get and check input as while condition
    By Marksman in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 09:22 PM
  5. check my code ( if statement, file existance )
    By Shadow in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2001, 11:13 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21