C Assignment help

This is a discussion on C Assignment help within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; The output must be 1 01 101 0101 10101 If someone could point me in the right direction... I tried ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15

    C Assignment help

    The output must be

    1
    01
    101
    0101
    10101

    If someone could point me in the right direction...
    I tried this but the result goes wrong at the third line and fourth line

    Code:
    #include<stdio.h>
    #include<conio.h>
    void main()
    {
    	int i,j,num=1,ctr=1;
       clrscr();
       for(i=1;i<=5;i++)
       {
          for(j=1;j<=i;j++)
          {
          	if(ctr%2!=0)
             {
             printf("1");
             }
             else
             {
             printf("0");
             }
          ctr++;
          }
          printf("\n");
       }
       getch();
    }

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    1. main should be
    int main(void) - read FAQ

    2. you should work on your indentation (Alt+F8 in VS)

    3. note that if you look at the digit that is in the place (i,j) you could see that when i+j is even you need to print "1" and "0" for odd sum
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by vart View Post
    1. main should be
    int main(void) - read FAQ

    2. you should work on your indentation (Alt+F8 in VS)

    3. note that if you look at the digit that is in the place (i,j) you could see that when i+j is even you need to print "1" and "0" for odd sum

    I was working in Borland C++
    They have no indentation.
    Was tooo lazy to make everything indented.


    Anyways thanks,

    Man I cannot imagine that I did not see the obvious LOL

    Thanks a million
    Last edited by aditya_t90; 03-28-2009 at 02:44 AM.

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    Quote Originally Posted by aditya_t90 View Post
    I was working in Borland C++
    They have no indentation.
    Have you enabled autoindent mode?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Yes, but it still does not indent

  6. #6
    and the hat of sweating
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,545
    Just download Visual C++ 2008 express. It's free, and it's the best.
    "I am probably the laziest programmer on the planet, a fact with which anyone who has ever seen my code will agree." - esbo, 11/15/2008

    "the internet is a scary place to be thats why i dont use it much." - billet, 03/17/2010

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Menu
    By Krush in forum C Programming
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 02:34 AM
  2. Assignment Operator, Memory and Scope
    By SevenThunders in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 06:22 AM
  3. Screwy Linker Error - VC2005
    By Tonto in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 02:39 PM
  4. Help with a pretty big C++ assignment
    By wakestudent988 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 08:46 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 01:21 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21