is the stringizing operator('#' operator) a part of standard C?

This is a discussion on is the stringizing operator('#' operator) a part of standard C? within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hi all.. the operator '#' which is used to replace the actual parameters of a macro with their values , ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8

    is the stringizing operator('#' operator) a part of standard C?

    Hi all..


    the operator '#' which is used to replace the actual parameters of a macro with their values , a part of standard C?



    Plz reply..

    thanks in advance.
    raj_ksrt.

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    yes, it is
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Kernel hacker
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Farncombe, Surrey, England
    Posts
    15,677
    And it's already been answered in it's duplicate:
    Is stringizing operator ('#' operator) a part of standard C?

    --
    Mats
    Compilers can produce warnings - make the compiler programmers happy: Use them!
    Please don't PM me for help - and no, I don't do help over instant messengers.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Books on C and C++
    By kermi3 in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-28-2002, 03:18 PM
  2. redirecting standard error in Bash
    By wozza in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2002, 04:55 AM
  3. Using c++ standards
    By subdene in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-2002, 09:15 AM
  4. is gotoxy a part of ANSI C 89 standard
    By kendals in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2002, 06:43 PM
  5. Beginning MFC (Prosise) Part III - Now What? :: C++
    By kuphryn in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2002, 05:58 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21