Data Organization and Excel
Hi guys, I just finished a course in C programming and hardly learned anything. My teacher was a first time grad student teaching. The book was wordy and too long to read. Anyway i walked away with a few basic concepts and a strong fascination for programming
//my major is Biochemistry this is a big deal.
I changed my major and this class doesn't count toward anything, but I wish to use what i learned to help my friend out. At the moment she is working in a research lab which has some sort of machine which outputs .csv files. After converting them to txt files she delimits in excel and spends hours on end moving the data around in excel using copy paste.
/*this is years of data we are talking about with each sample giving off about 12-15 data points per week */
Anyway as i was learning about functions, strings and finally structures I thought i could help her out by just writing one program which could do all the work for her.
/* If your still reading your a real trooper*/
Just to make it right I don't need code I just need some direction
My question is what is the best method of reorganizing this data.
Each data set for each sample is in a csv file in a folder.
Each folder has that weeks csv files for each sample. Theres a lot of folders in one big folder
1. Use C to reorganize the data txt file by txt files. Then delimit them
2. Is it possible to use C to organize all the txt files in a folder and ouput to one big txt file and delimit that.
3. Is it possible to grab all the txt files in the big folder and organize them out into a bigger txt file and delimit that?
4. What functions should i read up on?
5. Should I even be using C for this or should i just purge the txt files and use excel to reorganize them.
I really don't know the best course of action here. I do know that programming even if it takes me 10 hours to figure it out will in the long run save my friend days of mindless copy pasting.
Thanks for reading I know this is a bit wordy compared to other posts /*like that book*/ I just wanted you to get all the details.