<type> far variables

This is a discussion on <type> far variables within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; What are far variables? From what I've seen it's used to access memory addresses. But can someone explain me what ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    66

    <type> far variables

    What are far variables?
    From what I've seen it's used to access memory addresses.
    But can someone explain me what its use actually is?

  2. #2
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    start using more recent compilers...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  4. #4
    and the hat of wrongness Salem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The edge of the known universe
    Posts
    32,452
    > What are far variables?
    They're far back in time, and it means you need a new compiler.
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper.
    I support http://www.ukip.org/ as the first necessary step to a free Europe.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1
    oh..

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. basic question about global variables
    By radeberger in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 12:54 AM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 02:12 AM
  3. esbo's data sharing example
    By esbo in forum C Programming
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 10:07 PM
  4. Craps Program with Local Variables
    By tigrfire in forum C Programming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 08:01 AM
  5. Declaring an variable number of variables
    By Decrypt in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 03:46 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21