Improving Code Interface

This is a discussion on Improving Code Interface within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; clrscr(); its the clear screen function... it literally clears the screen... after cleaning it, you can call the other functions ...

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2
    clrscr();

    its the clear screen function... it literally clears the screen...

    after cleaning it, you can call the other functions to continue your game.

  2. #17
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by zehcnas View Post
    clrscr();
    you make assumptions about original poster's compiler... this function is not standard and is not supported by most compilers...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    26
    Vart,
    which method would you recommend?

  4. #19
    Kernel hacker
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Farncombe, Surrey, England
    Posts
    15,677
    Quote Originally Posted by helloamuro View Post
    Vart,
    which method would you recommend?
    Not vart, but: One that works in your environment - there is a list of them in the FAQ - you need to pick one that works with the compiler and OS that you are using.

    --
    Mats
    Compilers can produce warnings - make the compiler programmers happy: Use them!
    Please don't PM me for help - and no, I don't do help over instant messengers.

  5. #20
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by helloamuro View Post
    Vart,
    which method would you recommend?
    I? I would recomend not to clear screen at all... I hate to loose history of what is going on in my console...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  6. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    26
    Could you perhaps then tell me with my other user interface problems that I described in the beginning?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. help improving code
    By jamort in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 05:13 PM
  2. Binary Search Trees Part III
    By Prelude in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 03:00 PM
  3. True ASM vs. Fake ASM ????
    By DavidP in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 03:28 AM
  4. Results for the Encryption Contest -- June 23, 2002
    By ygfperson in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-07-2002, 08:04 AM
  5. Interface Question
    By smog890 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-03-2002, 05:06 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21