Newb question - Clear command line screen?

This is a discussion on Newb question - Clear command line screen? within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Is there an easy way to clear the screen of characters? I've made a simple equation solver, but after solving ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2

    Question Newb question - Clear command line screen?

    Is there an easy way to clear the screen of characters?

    I've made a simple equation solver, but after solving several equations the screen gets kind of messy. Since it essentially just re-runs itself over and over, is there a simple way to clear the command line screen at the end of each calculation?

    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I've had no luck finding any information elsewhere about this.

    Thanks!

    P.S. this is run in windows, and I'd rather not add any new .h files.

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks man.

    I used the search function, and google but I had no luck for some reason.

    Much appreciated.

    Seems odd that there wouldn't be a simple way to do this that's platform independent, but thanks

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    Seems odd that there wouldn't be a simple way to do this that's platform independent, but thanks
    There are platforms where terminal does not exists, stdout could be connected to the file, printer or something else... standard C function should still work in such envirounment - no much sense to clear screen there...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Getting a clear screen...
    By Finchie_88 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 05:38 PM
  2. Clear Screen Again!!!
    By trang in forum C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 07:36 AM
  3. Yet another clear screen thread :D
    By kermit in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 04:14 AM
  4. How to clear the screen?
    By Zopyrus in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 09:20 PM
  5. how do i clear screen
    By C today in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2001, 02:07 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21