Linker error in C

This is a discussion on Linker error in C within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Originally Posted by walataza hello vart...so wot do i do as regards what you just said??? You need to find ...

  1. #16
    Kernel hacker
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Farncombe, Surrey, England
    Posts
    15,677
    Quote Originally Posted by walataza View Post
    hello vart...so wot do i do as regards what you just said???
    You need to find the place where there is a space that shouldn't be there in the linker options.

    It is likely to be some setting in the linker options, rather than a bug in the IDE itself.

    --
    Mats
    Compilers can produce warnings - make the compiler programmers happy: Use them!
    Please don't PM me for help - and no, I don't do help over instant messengers.

  2. #17
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    try to remove this part
    Code:
    /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT D:\Documents and Settings\olawale\Desktop\Bioinformatics 10th march\Biodata\distrib
    from your linker options
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10
    10ks so much guys,but i still keep getting same error
    ------ Build started: Project: Bioda, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
    Linking...
    LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ''C:\Bioda\Bioda\Bioda'.obj'
    Build log was saved at "file://c:\Bioda\Bioda\Bioda\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    Bioda - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
    like vart said from above...how do i remove this part

    /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT D:\Documents and Settings\olawale\Desktop\Bioinformatics 10th march\Biodata\distrib
    though now there is no directory like the above because i already moved my project to my C files(my D hosts the OS)..so whatz the next step...10ks all again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Linker problem... no idea
    By cyreon in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2009, 02:53 PM
  2. linker
    By George2 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 12:25 AM
  3. Linker errors in VC++ 2005
    By C+/- in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 07:42 AM
  4. Linker errors when compiling
    By The Wazaa in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 12:55 PM
  5. MSVis-Studio C++ libraries and linker errors
    By kellydj in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-12-2002, 01:03 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21