ctrl+f5 vs f5

This is a discussion on ctrl+f5 vs f5 within the C Programming forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; hello I worked with visual studio 2005 and my program work good with F5 But Ctrl+F5 -the program crush and ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N?A
    Posts
    23

    ctrl+f5 vs f5

    hello
    I worked with visual studio 2005
    and my program work good with F5
    But Ctrl+F5 -the program crush
    and don't give nothing!
    And i can't find the problems?
    Maybe it's something with the memory?

  2. #2
    and the hat of sweating
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,545
    So in other words, it runs fine when you're stepping through the debugger, but it crashes when you run it without the debugger.
    I've had the same thing happen to me a few times, and it's always a pain in the ass. I usually make a few small changes and eventually it stops crashing. I never have time to figure out why, but I'd wish I could.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    N?A
    Posts
    23

    Helppppp

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjust View Post
    So in other words, it runs fine when you're stepping through the debugger, but it crashes when you run it without the debugger.
    I've had the same thing happen to me a few times, and it's always a pain in the ass. I usually make a few small changes and eventually it stops crashing. I never have time to figure out why, but I'd wish I could.
    The problem is that :you can't find the problem ,it's not pop up nothing, and the breakpoint position don't work?
    What to do?
    Where to look?
    My code is pretty long?

  4. #4
    Registered User NeonBlack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    435
    one time this happened to me. I commented out a bunch of crap, ran it, put it back in and it worked.
    I copied it from the last program in which I passed a parameter, which would have been pre-1989 I guess. - esbo

  5. #5
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    Maybe it's something with the memory?
    1. Try rebuild all
    2. Check if you use somewhere uninitialized variables
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  6. #6
    and the hat of sweating
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,545
    I usually print debug messages around the place where I think it's crashing until I narrow it down the the specific place, then hopefully the bug should be easier to find.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Grabbing Ctrl and Alt key combinations
    By scorpio_IITR in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2004, 03:01 AM
  2. how to capture CTRL, SHIFT and ALT ?
    By goldenrock in forum C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 12:20 AM
  3. Trapping Ctrl Alt Delete
    By emus21 in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-17-2003, 12:10 PM
  4. Recognizing ALT or Ctrl + letter
    By MethodMan in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2003, 06:16 PM
  5. arrow keys, ctrl and alt keys
    By Unregistered in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-25-2002, 03:53 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21