Is this download legal ?

This is a discussion on Is this download legal ? within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; <illegal link removed> Thanks...

  1. #1
    Super unModrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    321

    Question Is this download legal ?

    <illegal link removed>

    Thanks
    Last edited by CornedBee; 02-27-2008 at 10:15 AM.

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    I dobt it:

    site in the link has disclamer that file links are provided to dfferent internet locations, no files is stored on the Server. So the site tries to avoid contacting the Right Owners of the files to get their permissing.

    The download link goes to the RapidShare - Server that also does not checks the contents copyrights, as I think, just provides a common place for file exchange. So oit is upto the user that put the file there...

    But you haven't found this user disclamer...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Cat without Hat CornedBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,893
    And AC++'s official site doesn't offer a download, so it's very unlikely that another source has the right.

    I'll remove the link.
    All the buzzt!
    CornedBee

    "There is not now, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be, any programming language in which it is the least bit difficult to write bad code."
    - Flon's Law

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Reverse Engineering on a Download file
    By c_geek in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 04:15 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 03:51 AM
  3. IE 6 status bar
    By DavidP in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-23-2002, 06:31 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21