!!Everybody *has* to answer this one!!

This is a discussion on !!Everybody *has* to answer this one!! within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; 90 posts on this thread... I wonder if it'll make it to 100 , it seems to be dying....

  1. #91
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,691
    90 posts on this thread... I wonder if it'll make it to 100 , it seems to be dying.
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

  2. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    India
    Posts
    515
    Sometime ago I made a public move on laserlight on this forum only to discover he's male and the avatar is of a female colleague at work.
    Whoa, I really did think that laserlight was a she and not a he :|
    Code:
    >+++++++++[<++++++++>-]<.>+++++++[<++++>-]<+.+++++++..+++.[-]>++++++++[<++++>-] <.>+++++++++++[<++++++++>-]<-.--------.+++.------.--------.[-]>++++++++[<++++>- ]<+.[-]++++++++++.

  3. #93
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    colleague? I thought it was of his sister...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  4. #94
    C++ Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    22,306
    Fellow student, actually.
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Version Control System: Bazaar

    Look up a C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  5. #95
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by laserlight View Post
    Fellow student, actually.
    3rd answer from you... I start to beleive you ARE the woman on the avatar, but want to keep it secret.
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  6. #96
    (?<!re)tired Mario F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    7,581
    Fellow student. That's it.
    The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.”
    The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.


    Originally Posted by brewbuck:
    Reimplementing a large system in another language to get a 25% performance boost is nonsense. It would be cheaper to just get a computer which is 25% faster.

  7. #97
    Devil's Advocate SlyMaelstrom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Out of scope
    Posts
    4,077
    *scratches head*

    I'm still questioning whether or not laserlight actually did say that (s)he was a guy or a girl... I know (s)he said that the girl in the picture wasn't h(im/er), but did (s)he ever really say that (s)he wasn't a woman, h(im/er)self?



    -('.')- ____ THANK YOU, SLY!

    No, thank YOU, parenthesis guy!
    Last edited by SlyMaelstrom; 02-06-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    Sent from my iPad®

  8. #98
    (?<!re)tired Mario F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    7,581
    Sly! Thank YOU!
    The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.”
    The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.


    Originally Posted by brewbuck:
    Reimplementing a large system in another language to get a 25% performance boost is nonsense. It would be cheaper to just get a computer which is 25% faster.

  9. #99
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,691
    laserlight did say he was a guy...
    right in the same thread Mario made his move.
    3rd answer from you... I start to beleive you ARE the woman on the avatar, but want to keep it secret.
    I think vart likes what he sees in the pic, and just wants laserlight to be that.
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

  10. #100
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarin View Post
    I think vart likes what he sees in the pic, and just wants laserlight to be that.
    Who's not?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  11. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    678
    honestly! i never thought that was a girl's pic in laserlight's avatar!
    i always thought of it being a boy's pic. may be not his own. but sure not a girl!

  12. #102
    I eat babies
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    la-la-land
    Posts
    31
    big strong man
    There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
    C++ Beginner
    Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition!
    Windows XP
    http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/4372/1399mf9.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for constructive criticism
    By wd_kendrick in forum C Programming
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 10:42 AM
  2. One quick question...
    By Kross7 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 10:50 PM
  3. Tic Tac Toe program...
    By Kross7 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 04:25 PM
  4. Game Programming FAQ
    By TechWins in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 03:00 AM
  5. code help :)
    By Unregistered in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2002, 01:12 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21