!!Everybody *has* to answer this one!!

This is a discussion on !!Everybody *has* to answer this one!! within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; How the number of male programmers can make your statement about missing female programmers more accurate? I do not get ...

  1. #61
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    How the number of male programmers can make your statement about missing female programmers more accurate? I do not get it.
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    678
    vart it is obvious!
    if there were more female (or even a few) C/C++ programmers (and not just someone who is hired to format the code :P)
    then there would have been more of them (at least a couple of. duh! at least one!) on this board.

    I follow simple logic here. no offense to females. they program really well. they have been programming
    before male even knew about it. see knitting the sweater. or preparing food in kitchen.
    knitting led to jackquard's loom which led to punch cards for programming.
    and preparing food is based on recipes today similar to source code for program.

  3. #63
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by manav View Post
    vart it is obvious!
    if there were more female (or even a few) C/C++ programmers (and not just someone who is hired to format the code :P)
    then there would have been more of them (at least a couple of. duh! at least one!) on this board.
    Your logic is still broken.

    The female programmers may have a lot of reasons NOT to be here. For example - they can prefer to work while on duty (so no time for out-of-office activities). And in their free time they could prefer to spend it on something more important for them then the C-Board...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    678
    vart!
    either you are complete paranoid OR a female yourself!

    unless you come up with a reliable survey of sorts to prove that there are so and so many females doing c/c++ just stop it. thanks.

    to me my logic is as clear as:
    Code:
    if (1==1)
        printf("True!\n");

  5. #65
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ! Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,587
    I believe you are paranoid manav.
    Just because you do not "see" any females on the boards doesn't mean there aren't any. How many do you find who explicitly tells their gender? A lot I'm telling you.
    Why don't you prove that there are only "males" who do C/C++?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.

  6. #66
    Cat without Hat CornedBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,893
    Hey, now, don't get all serious in this thread.
    All the buzzt!
    CornedBee

    "There is not now, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be, any programming language in which it is the least bit difficult to write bad code."
    - Flon's Law

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    I believe you are paranoid manav.
    Just because you do not "see" any females on the boards doesn't mean there aren't any. How many do you find who explicitly tells their gender? A lot I'm telling you.
    Why don't you prove that there are only "males" who do C/C++?
    I (can only) request everybody on this board to post their picture (naked preferred) to prove (to Elysia and vart) that they are males.

    But brothers, don't bother, if you don't care! I know we are all males!

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    678
    Ooops! Elysia! I just noticed in your profile sig. You describe yourself Goddess of Sky.
    I think you are female. And if you have read my previous posts here. Then keep in mind that I am not
    saying anything like females can't do c/c++. I am just saying what is true. They aren't doing c/c++! That's it!

  9. #69
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by manav View Post
    I know we are all males!
    As I said - we - as board members - are not representative enogh for all the world C/C++ programmers. And gave the reason. But you are too ... (I do not have the word adecvate enough) in your broken logic to hear me.

    And what is also important - I didn't try to prove that there are female programmers, I just have shown that your logic is broken. You could be true in your statements, but your way to find them is all wrong. So it makes me doubt...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    678
    You know what vart!
    I just realized this . . . I was messing with a very experienced board member. 2345 posts compared
    to my mere 96 posts (including this one).
    i am sorry about calling you paranoid. just don't ban me though!

    and lest this thread grows on forever, my simple logic explains it very well:

    a) vart says there are females doing c/c++
    b) elysia says there are females doing c/c++ (i suspect she is not a he)
    c) all members (except elysia if she is actually a she) are males here
    d) vart points out that females don't waste their time on this board (or ... something like that).

    so my logic deduces that there maybe females doing c/c++ (or even assembly >_<) but they prefer
    to keep in disguise. why? they don't visit such boards. why?

    my conclusion:
    there may be females doing c/c++ but they are not doing it seriously enough to really be called "female c/c++ programmers"

    vart! don't get me banned! pleeeeeeease!
    Last edited by manav; 02-05-2008 at 03:29 AM.

  11. #71
    Super unModrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    321
    Chill..........

  12. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    678
    Since it is almost confirmed that Elysia is female.
    "Elysia, how much you weigh? And what is your height in centimeters?"

  13. #73
    Woof, woof! zacs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,459
    I'm just glad girl germs can't travel through copper wires.

    > so my logic deduces that there maybe females doing c/c++ (or even assembly >_<) but they prefer
    to keep in disguise. why? they don't visit such boards. why?
    Because it's irrelevant, for example -- "Hi I'm a female, 165cm, 58kgs -- and I'm having problems compiling this code." is just stupid. It's not relevant to the nature of these boards, nor the problem.

    > there may be females doing c/c++ but they are not doing it seriously enough to really be called "female c/c++ programmers"
    There's "Programmers" and "Programmers", since when do you here of "Male Programmers". Seriously.

    I don't know about India, but in the western world women have equal rights as men, exclusion is often against the law. Wanting to know someone's sex only shows you want to treat them differently, based on their gender.

    > a) vart says there are females doing c/c++
    > b) elysia says there are females doing c/c++ (i suspect she is not a he)
    > c) all members (except elysia if she is actually a she) are males here
    > d) vart points out that females don't waste their time on this board (or ... something like that).
    You can't stereotype without knowing the sex of all members.

    In summing up, what's it matter!?!? Go and program something, keep your tackle in your pants -- computers don't have genders.
    Last edited by zacs7; 02-05-2008 at 04:49 AM.

  14. #74
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ! Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,587
    Quote Originally Posted by manav View Post
    I just realized this . . . I was messing with a very experienced board member. 2345 posts compared
    to my mere 96 posts (including this one).
    i am sorry about calling you paranoid. just don't ban me though!
    The thing is, I believe those with higher posts have (mostly) been here longer and thus are better sources to say if there are females around.

    c) all members (except elysia if she is actually a she) are males here
    I can tell you right away that you're doing. There is someone else who is female on the board. Maybe you don't know?

    d) vart points out that females don't waste their time on this board (or ... something like that).

    so my logic deduces that there maybe females doing c/c++ (or even assembly >_<) but they prefer
    to keep in disguise. why? they don't visit such boards. why?
    There are a lot of guys and girls who tend to be online, and there are a lot who tend to don't.
    It's like you're saying females don't play video games, because if you see someone talking about video gamer, that individual is often referred to as "he." Which is not true. There are females playing video games too.
    Buy you must remember that the genders aren't the same. Both of our genders typically has a different set of mind on what is fun and such. It may be that most "females" simply likes doing other things than spending time on some board.

    Quote Originally Posted by manav View Post
    Since it is almost confirmed that Elysia is female.
    "Elysia, how much you weigh? And what is your height in centimeters?"
    But this does not mean I am answering your ridiculous questions. I am who I am am and that is all you need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.

  15. #75
    Woof, woof! zacs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,459
    > I am who I am am and that is all you need to know.
    All I know, is you're evil

    Also you like to post

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for constructive criticism
    By wd_kendrick in forum C Programming
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 09:42 AM
  2. One quick question...
    By Kross7 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-13-2007, 09:50 PM
  3. Tic Tac Toe program...
    By Kross7 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 03:25 PM
  4. Game Programming FAQ
    By TechWins in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 02:00 AM
  5. code help :)
    By Unregistered in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2002, 12:12 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21