Staying vs Leaving the Middle East

This is a discussion on Staying vs Leaving the Middle East within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; Things like this happened under Saddam's rule. The difference is that the US tries those of their own that are ...

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15
    Things like this happened under Saddam's rule. The difference is that the US tries those of their own that are charged with crimes. Saddam's government was explicitly behind the brutality of his regime, and did nothing to stop it.
    Doing better then Saddam is not something be proud of and nor is it a good defense: "We are doing better then the worst people in the world."

    So 655000 means nothing to you, but 32 students who were killed in Virginia Tech university means a lot to you. Because you do believe that the American blood is more valuable than the Iraqi blood.

  2. #47
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211
    Quote Originally Posted by redche View Post
    Doing better then Saddam is not something be proud of and nor is it a good defense: "We are doing better then the worst people in the world."

    So 655000 means nothing to you, but 32 students who were killed in Virginia Tech university means a lot to you. Because you do believe that the American blood is more valuable than the Iraqi blood.
    LOL. Slow down a little.

    I'm being quite consistent, even though you wish to paint it the opposite. I want both those under Saddam and those under the US government to pay for the crimes that they have respectively done. What part of that do you not understand? That is not favoring any side to commit crimes.

    Perhaps you think it's cool to just throw in random items like Virginia Tech, but it's pointless to this discussion. Yes, the Virginia Tech shooting bothered me. It should bother people. I hope it bothered you, otherwise, I would say that it's possible you don't care about American lives. Do we really want to carry on a discussion this way? I don't think it's beneficial.

    Now back to the subject at hand, as I said, I believe that the Iraqis stand a much better chance at having a brighter future with the Americans. The first step is to get full control of the country and close the borders.

  3. #48
    Ethernal Noob
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by redche View Post
    So 655000 means nothing to you, but 32 students who were killed in Virginia Tech university means a lot to you. Because you do believe that the American blood is more valuable than the Iraqi blood.

    Who put sand in your virginia.

  4. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15
    I believe that the Iraqis stand a much better chance at having a brighter future with the Americans.
    Yes, that's right especially after the new Iraqi OIL law.
    Mission Accomplished: Iraqi Oil Effectively Stolen.

    PS: Don't get me wrong, it bothers me what happened to civilians, not only in Virginia, but in every place.

  5. #50
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211
    Quote Originally Posted by redche View Post
    Yes, that's right especially after the new Iraqi OIL law.
    Mission Accomplished: Iraqi Oil Effectively Stolen.

    PS: Don't get me wrong, it bothers me what happened to civilians, not only in Virginia, but in every place.
    If you wouldn't mind explaining how the Iraqi Oil Law is stealing oil from the Iraqis, I would love to hear your particular rendition of it.

    Incidentally, has it even been passed yet?

  6. #51

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,041
    Yes.

    Have you read the ISGR yet? Joined the ARMY/USMC yet? you believe in the cause...I'd rather it be you than my son
    Last edited by BobMcGee123; 04-27-2007 at 07:13 PM.
    I'm not immature, I'm refined in the opposite direction.

  7. #52
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211


    lol.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,041
    It means that the people that believe in the cause don't have the balls, and the ........heads like you just stay online and argue over the internet. Well, it's stuff like that which is going to promulgate the end of this war.

    I haven't made up anything I've said in this thread.
    I think that Americans are too ready to send others into combat without considering themselves.
    Last edited by BobMcGee123; 04-27-2007 at 07:34 PM.
    I'm not immature, I'm refined in the opposite direction.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,041
    I'm not immature, I'm refined in the opposite direction.

  10. #55
    Captain Crash brewbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    7,235
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    I'm not concerned with Iran invading the United States. I'm concerned with Iran sending nuclear weapons into Israel and the United States and causing major carnage.
    All of the states in the Middle East are aware that Israel has self-built nukes of their own, even though they have never admitted it, and the UN has so far been unable to prove it. In Israel, it is common knowledge that a computerized system is in place which will launch a nuclear attack against Mecca if the government of Israel is ever incapacitated. Once again, the state has never admitted as such. This is a very effective deterrent, since most Muslims believe that the destruction of Mecca is an impossibility, because Allah would surely never allow such a thing to happen.

    I'm not saying this is a good thing, but it's the way it is.

  11. #56
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211
    Quote Originally Posted by brewbuck View Post
    All of the states in the Middle East are aware that Israel has self-built nukes of their own, even though they have never admitted it, and the UN has so far been unable to prove it. In Israel, it is common knowledge that a computerized system is in place which will launch a nuclear attack against Mecca if the government of Israel is ever incapacitated. Once again, the state has never admitted as such. This is a very effective deterrent, since most Muslims believe that the destruction of Mecca is an impossibility, because Allah would surely never allow such a thing to happen.

    I'm not saying this is a good thing, but it's the way it is.
    You brought up a good point.

    Everyone has reason to believe that Israel has nuclear weapons and is ready to execute the Samson Option.

    The question is whether or not Iran would take any threat of attack seriously. It could be that they would believe they will be miraculously protected from such an attack, and therefore think it would be OK to attack Israel and risk the threat of retaliation.

    Either way, if Israel was attacked by a nuke, would you expect anything else than for the world to condemn Israel's response?

  12. #57
    Captain Crash brewbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    7,235
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    Either way, if Israel was attacked by a nuke, would you expect anything else than for the world to condemn Israel's response?
    My personal belief is that if a country suffers nuclear attack, they are within their moral rights to respond with nuclear force. A conventional (non-nuclear) attack against Israel could never succeed. Having spent time in Israel, and being that my wife's family are all Israeli citizens, this is a source of much heart-ache for me.

  13. #58
    Just Lurking Dave_Sinkula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,006
    Quote Originally Posted by brewbuck
    My personal belief is that if a country suffers nuclear attack, they are within their moral rights to respond with nuclear force.
    [me=Playing Devil's Advocate]
    But what if the concept of the responsible party is divorced from a particular country? Where are you allowed to respond? So do you respond by doing nothing? Or what?
    [/me]
    7. It is easier to write an incorrect program than understand a correct one.
    40. There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.*

  14. #59
    Supermassive black hole cboard_member's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,709
    I know my Dad has Mein Kampf upstairs somewhere - I'll need something else to read after all quiet on the western front, so maybe that'll be it.
    Good class architecture is not like a Swiss Army Knife; it should be more like a well balanced throwing knife.

    - Mike McShaffry

  15. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15
    I don't know why we are talking about Israel ??
    Everyone has reason to believe that Israel has nuclear weapons and is ready to execute the Samson Option.
    because Israel declined to sign Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty.
    Last edited by redche; 04-28-2007 at 06:07 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. New source of oil in the middle east?
    By Lionmane in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-02-2006, 03:59 AM
  2. the definition of a mathematical "average" or "mean"
    By DavidP in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 10:15 AM
  3. Binary searches
    By Prezo in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2002, 09:54 PM
  4. middle east again...
    By dbaryl in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 313
    Last Post: 05-26-2002, 03:43 AM
  5. trying to sort a middle value
    By Led Zeppelin in forum C Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2002, 12:05 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21