Languages

This is a discussion on Languages within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; http://www.google.com/search?q=%22speak+google%22...

  1. #106
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  2. #107
    Reverse Engineer maxorator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,318
    Google is the best language! Yay!

    It is quite easy though. It's dictionary consists of all words of all languages in the world and it's grammar is quite simple (-, site:, define: etc.).
    Last edited by maxorator; 11-18-2006 at 02:27 PM.
    "The Internet treats censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

  3. #108
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidP
    >Does pig latin count?

    According to Google it counts.

    http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en
    It also counts Elmer Fud as a language. The "I'm Feeling Lucky" button turns into "I'm Feewing Wucky".

    Now imagine putting that on your resume...

  4. #109
    int x = *((int *) NULL); Cactus_Hugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Banks of the River Styx
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Phoenix
    Yeah, I have always heard that English is a very difficult language to learn for people not born in America.
    Simply not true... several of my friends speak fluent English, despite being born elsewhere. Some of them have won awards for their writing. Difficult, perhaps in the sense of being in a new country and not understanding people, but doable.

    I speak English. Supposedly, after three years of French class, I can speak a bit of French too.
    long time; /* know C? */
    Unprecedented performance: Nothing ever ran this slow before.
    Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.
    Real Programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas, because dec 25 == oct 31.
    The best way to accelerate an IBM is at 9.8 m/s/s.
    recursion (re - cur' - zhun) n. 1. (see recursion)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Why C Matters
    By DavidP in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 08:09 AM
  2. Strange loop
    By D@rk_force in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 01:40 PM
  3. Languages dying
    By Zewu in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 10:08 AM
  4. Languages
    By KrAzY CrAb in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-18-2003, 11:23 AM
  5. Programming Languages
    By DarkViper in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2002, 01:28 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21