Upcoming Games!

This is a discussion on Upcoming Games! within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; Final Fantasy 12 is a good time, played it a bit this weekend....

  1. #16
    pwns nooblars
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Portland, Or
    Posts
    1,094
    Final Fantasy 12 is a good time, played it a bit this weekend.

  2. #17
    Supermassive black hole cboard_member's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,709
    Next biggies for me are CoD3, Spore and F.E.A.R: Extraction Point (I know it's out everywhere already but I can't find it anywhere ).
    Good class architecture is not like a Swiss Army Knife; it should be more like a well balanced throwing knife.

    - Mike McShaffry

  3. #18
    For Narnia! Sentral's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by indigo0086
    I already pre-ordered my Gears of War order so that's no thing. I can't wait for it to be honest. And after seeing much footage of the upcoming zelda I'm more interested in it. I could get it for the gamecube but no widescreen or progressive scan is a big downside, so I'll wait for more games from the wii. No ps3 interest just yet. Only two games are interesting for the console, one a capcom game which after stating their stance on multi-platform I'll wait. My main focus is Gears of War.

    Also does anyone have lumines live. I played hours of the Demo and can't get enough, but I know the base pack and even advanced pack of the game are trumped by the psp versions even by themselves.

    Also to correct the thread starter, "GEARS OF WAR THIS WEEK!!!"

    I get mine Wednesday.
    I preordered mine too! Getting it from Gamecrazy. It's my first time preordering, I just hope they call me, since I preordered back in August!
    Videogame Memories!
    A site dedicated to keeping videogame memories alive!

    http://www.videogamememories.com/
    Share your experiences with us now!

    "We will game forever!"

  4. #19
    (?<!re)tired Mario F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    7,383
    Preordering a computer game... It's so strange a concept. What? You people are afraid when it gets out of stock, that's it? No more buying?

    Just forget about me.
    The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.”
    The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.


    Originally Posted by brewbuck:
    Reimplementing a large system in another language to get a 25% performance boost is nonsense. It would be cheaper to just get a computer which is 25% faster.

  5. #20
    For Narnia! Sentral's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario F.
    Preordering a computer game... It's so strange a concept. What? You people are afraid when it gets out of stock, that's it? No more buying?

    Just forget about me.
    Gears of War is for XBOX360 only! I want to pre-order it so I know that I'm guranteed a copy. Gotta love America!
    Videogame Memories!
    A site dedicated to keeping videogame memories alive!

    http://www.videogamememories.com/
    Share your experiences with us now!

    "We will game forever!"

  6. #21
    Registered User hk_mp5kpdw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northern Virginia/Washington DC Metropolitan Area
    Posts
    3,788
    BioShock, Star Trek: Legacy...

    ...Hello Kitty Island Adventure (just kidding)
    "Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods."
    -Christopher Hitchens

  7. #22
    Ethernal Noob
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentral
    Gears of War is for XBOX360 only! I want to pre-order it so I know that I'm guranteed a copy. Gotta love America!
    If it weren't the special edition I wouldn't have pre-ordered it. Even though I can still go on shelves and get the special edition of MGS3 and Resident Evil 4, I would rather pre-order.

  8. #23
    (?<!re)tired Mario F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    7,383
    There's two reasons for my statement, and you guys deserve more than just my apparent sarcasm.

    The first is that games are the easiest thing to find just after Viagra and condoms. There are more game boxes than players, considering that still today you can find 5 year old games on store shelves.

    The second reason is that any money you spend today on something that will only benefit you in the future is an investment. Games are a poor investment And even if entertainment is the sole factor, the sad truth is that never before in the industry was the hype so distant from reality. Preordering a game is saying that we are trusting the company word on how great their game will be... It's wiser, and more enconomical, to wait for the suckers who preordered it to comment on the game and then decide if you want to buy it or not

    But give me a limited special edition of a great game I enjoyed (note the past tense), and you bet I will preorder. But that's it.
    The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.”
    The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.


    Originally Posted by brewbuck:
    Reimplementing a large system in another language to get a 25% performance boost is nonsense. It would be cheaper to just get a computer which is 25% faster.

  9. #24
    Ethernal Noob
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario F.
    There's two reasons for my statement, and you guys deserve more than just my apparent sarcasm.

    The first is that games are the easiest thing to find just after Viagra and condoms. There are more game boxes than players, considering that still today you can find 5 year old games on store shelves.

    The second reason is that any money you spend today on something that will only benefit you in the future is an investment. Games are a poor investment And even if entertainment is the sole factor, the sad truth is that never before in the industry was the hype so distant from reality. Preordering a game is saying that we are trusting the company word on how great their game will be... It's wiser, and more enconomical, to wait for the suckers who preordered it to comment on the game and then decide if you want to buy it or not

    But give me a limited special edition of a great game I enjoyed (note the past tense), and you bet I will preorder. But that's it.

    so what do you like better, chicken or steak? ;b.

    J/k, I agree that video games are easy to find, so why pre-order. But to a lot of people gaming is their prime source of entertainment. They make you feel good, to go home, open the wrapper, read the book on the can (funny how I always need to after buying a game), play the game, go to sleep, bring the instruction booklet to work to read and gloss over, etc. Games aren't just standalone entertainment features, it's the whole experience, ritual if you will, of playing a game. I pre-order only systems really, this will be the first game that I actually pre-ordered besides two 360 and xbox launch games. Plus, I'm not worried about Gears of War not being good, I haven't heard a bad thing about it.

    I'm a taoist, when I have the game I wait the longest time to play it. I peel off the film on the book, read through, wait until it's night time, then play.

    Also if anyone watches the 1up show the most recent had features on Gears Multiplayer (awesome footage) and Legend of Zelda on the wii.
    TMI?

  10. #25
    For Narnia! Sentral's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by indigo0086
    so what do you like better, chicken or steak? ;b.

    J/k, I agree that video games are easy to find, so why pre-order. But to a lot of people gaming is their prime source of entertainment. They make you feel good, to go home, open the wrapper, read the book on the can (funny how I always need to after buying a game), play the game, go to sleep, bring the instruction booklet to work to read and gloss over, etc. Games aren't just standalone entertainment features, it's the whole experience, ritual if you will, of playing a game. I pre-order only systems really, this will be the first game that I actually pre-ordered besides two 360 and xbox launch games. Plus, I'm not worried about Gears of War not being good, I haven't heard a bad thing about it.

    I'm a taoist, when I have the game I wait the longest time to play it. I peel off the film on the book, read through, wait until it's night time, then play.

    Also if anyone watches the 1up show the most recent had features on Gears Multiplayer (awesome footage) and Legend of Zelda on the wii.
    TMI?
    Your exactly like me! My gamertag is: SENT666 We can play CO-OP or VS together!
    Videogame Memories!
    A site dedicated to keeping videogame memories alive!

    http://www.videogamememories.com/
    Share your experiences with us now!

    "We will game forever!"

  11. #26
    Ethernal Noob
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,901
    alright, mine's indigo0086

    I don't know if I'll be able to play much after this weekend, got a huge project I have to start working on

  12. #27
    Mayor of Awesometown Govtcheez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    8,825
    Quote Originally Posted by indigo0086
    I'm a taoist, when I have the game I wait the longest time to play it. I peel off the film on the book, read through, wait until it's night time, then play.
    Well, that's about one of the most pathetic things I've ever read.

  13. #28
    Ethernal Noob
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Govtcheez
    Well, that's about one of the most pathetic things I've ever read.

    I'm one of the most pathetic people you'll ever see.

  14. #29
    Registered User Tonto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,465
    Top 5 PC Games Ever Produced:

    1) Chex Quest
    2) RA 2
    3) Destruction Derby
    4) Descent 2
    5) Heli-Attack 2

    ╔╗╔╦══╦╗╔╦══╦╗
    ║╚╝║╔╗║╚╝║╔╗║║
    ║╔╗║╠╣║╔╗║╠╣╠╣
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╩╝

    codez http://code.google.com/p/zxcvbn/

  15. #30
    (?<!re)tired Mario F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    7,383
    whatever you say.
    The programmer’s wife tells him: “Run to the store and pick up a loaf of bread. If they have eggs, get a dozen.”
    The programmer comes home with 12 loaves of bread.


    Originally Posted by brewbuck:
    Reimplementing a large system in another language to get a 25% performance boost is nonsense. It would be cheaper to just get a computer which is 25% faster.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Resources for professional games
    By EVOEx in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 02:42 PM
  2. When done right, PC games are amazing
    By VirtualAce in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 05:32 PM
  3. Violent video games?
    By VirtualAce in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 04-26-2006, 01:43 PM
  4. Video Games Industry. 5 years left.
    By Cheeze-It in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-10-2002, 09:52 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21