Why you like programming?

This is a discussion on Why you like programming? within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; seriously, it's depressing to see all of these 13 year olds obsessed with programming Programming is good. It's even more ...

  1. #76
    Reverse Engineer maxorator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,318
    seriously, it's depressing to see all of these 13 year olds obsessed with programming
    Programming is good.
    It's even more depressing to see 13 year olds obsessed with drugs.
    Now that's bad.
    "The Internet treats censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

  2. #77
    Registered User divineleft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    158
    Relatively speaking, yes, but there are also a lot better things you could be doing at thirteen than programming, aka living a life.

    I'm just saying it's not very healthy to be obsessed with programming at 13 (or in this case, 8?!).
    Last edited by divineleft; 10-28-2006 at 11:10 AM.

  3. #78
    Reverse Engineer maxorator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,318
    Oh it's not healthy?
    Do you really think I spend my whole day programming?
    There's enough time to do other things. It just replaces the time other children spend on playing computer games.
    "The Internet treats censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

  4. #79
    Registered User divineleft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    158
    Actually, I was talking about aron who said that programming was all he ever knew. I didn't even know you were 13.

    And I'm not saying it's not ok to program that young, just don't let it consume your life.

  5. #80
    Reverse Engineer maxorator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,318
    Relax, I'm 14.
    "The Internet treats censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

  6. #81
    Registered User divineleft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    158
    You're the one who took offense to it, so you should probably consider doing that yourself.

  7. #82
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    Relax, I'm 14.
    O! It's really very relaxing to know...

    But wait!! I thought it is not some kind of dating service? Why I should be interested to know your real age? You want me to be jealous to you that I'll miss all these great future technologies that I'll be too old to use and you'll be freely using in 20-30 year? Don't you?!
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  8. #83
    Reverse Engineer maxorator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,318
    I'm 14. I'm not responsible for what I say yet.
    "The Internet treats censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

  9. #84
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    It is just an illusion. We all are responsible for what we are doing... But we can lie to ourselves...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  10. #85
    The Right Honourable psychopath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where circles begin.
    Posts
    1,070
    This thread is old and going nowhere. Lock?
    Memorial University of Newfoundland
    Computer Science

    Mac and OpenGL evangelist.

  11. #86
    Reverse Engineer maxorator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,318
    This thread is old and going nowhere. Lock?
    You could've just left out the bold part, because it means nothing in GD.

    But yes, it's time to make a new thread like this
    "The Internet treats censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

  12. #87
    Code Goddess Prelude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,796
    >This thread is old and going nowhere. Lock?
    That's an excellent idea. Done.
    My best code is written with the delete key.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21