Food you can't live without?

This is a discussion on Food you can't live without? within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; Most types of pie. Without pie, there is no reason to live....

  1. #31
    What?
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Redmond, OR, USA
    Posts
    4
    Most types of pie. Without pie, there is no reason to live.

  2. #32
    ---
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,379
    mmmm I love apple pie with custard and hot caramel sauce

    [edit]
    HOMER: "Hey you got anything to drink in there?"
    RUSSIAN DUDE: "Mountain Dew and crab juice"
    HOMER: "EEWWWWW!!!! I'll take a crab juice"

  3. #33
    Bios Raider biosninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    765
    Braaivleis!!! That is what makes our country quite unique. In American terms, I think you guys call it BBQ?
    The knack of flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

  4. #34
    In your face... ha ha ha Liger86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Motorcity Capital
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by sand_man
    mmmm I love apple pie with custard and hot caramel sauce

    [edit]
    Taco Bell has a pie that is filled with carmel, it's good as hell. It comes hot (obviously) so you can only take a little bite at a time - it makes the pie last longer
    From Ukraine with love!

    Internationally known widely respected

    - Digitally yourz -

  5. #35
    Registered User Surfin_Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kanada
    Posts
    16
    Chicken ... I tried going vegetarian but it didnt work out that well ... and all because of chicken. grrr.

  6. #36
    Let's do some coding! Welshy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Staffordshire University, UK
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJ
    Specifically, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate.
    I'd have to agree with you there guys

  7. #37
    Registered User axon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Mt. Prospect, IL
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfin_Bird
    Chicken ... I tried going vegetarian but it didnt work out that well ... and all because of chicken. grrr.
    I recently gave up meat - I did it as an experiment on my self and for the durration of lent; so Ash Wednesday to this weekend, just about a month and a half. It's not that bad, and I mainly gave up red meat and chicken, but eat fish, eggs, milk, etc. etc.

    Overall, I don't "miss" meat per se, but I sure as hell could go for a nice and bloody ribeye steak right about now...

    some observations about this no meat diet: mt stomach has not hurt once through it all (usually I have an ache at least once every two weeks), I think I have some more energy as I need less sleep - which would make sense. What I'm taking from the experiance is that I dont "need" meat, but will eat it - just not in the same quantities I did in the past.

    some entropy with that sink? entropysink.com

    there are two cardinal sins from which all others spring: Impatience and Laziness. - franz kafka

  8. #38
    Registered User Scribbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Aurora CO
    Posts
    266
    Reese's Peanutbutter Cups. Hands down, a paragon of human innovation.

  9. #39
    I am me, who else?
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by axon
    I recently gave up meat - I did it as an experiment on my self and for the durration of lent; so Ash Wednesday to this weekend, just about a month and a half. It's not that bad, and I mainly gave up red meat and chicken, but eat fish, eggs, milk, etc. etc.

    Overall, I don't "miss" meat per se, but I sure as hell could go for a nice and bloody ribeye steak right about now...

    some observations about this no meat diet: mt stomach has not hurt once through it all (usually I have an ache at least once every two weeks), I think I have some more energy as I need less sleep - which would make sense. What I'm taking from the experiance is that I dont "need" meat, but will eat it - just not in the same quantities I did in the past.

    Hmm interesting persepctive on things, I'd like to hear how things turn out on that "diet". Sounds overall not to bad, so a little report on things would be awesome... well for me anyway...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. USB Linux - live or no?
    By sean in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 09:56 AM
  2. Live encoding from an internet source
    By Lionel in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2007, 10:47 AM
  3. Alarm when the food is on the table!
    By FearOfTheDark in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-06-2003, 10:42 AM
  4. One Week to Live...
    By Cheeze-It in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-04-2003, 08:22 AM
  5. The Junk Food Poll
    By davie_scotland in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-04-2002, 07:43 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21