Exploit for non-IE browsers (and why mozilla is better than opera)

This is a discussion on Exploit for non-IE browsers (and why mozilla is better than opera) within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; Your browser is bad and you should feel bad! (Not a Firefox user)...

  1. #16
    BMJ
    BMJ is offline
    Banal internet user BMJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,380
    Your browser is bad and you should feel bad!

    (Not a Firefox user)

  2. #17
    Arggggh DeepFyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    227
    Your browser is bad and you should feel bad!
    (Not a whatever-browser-BMJ-uses user)
    Keyboard Not Found! Press any key to continue. . .

  3. #18
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,913
    Firefox is FREE!
    So is Opera, and I don't recall *checks over shoulder* paying a bean for I.E. What's your point?

  4. #19
    BMJ
    BMJ is offline
    Banal internet user BMJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,380
    oic

  5. #20
    Registered User major_small's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,787
    Quote Originally Posted by sean_mackrory
    So is Opera, and I don't recall *checks over shoulder* paying a bean for I.E. What's your point?
    since when was Opera Free?
    Join is in our Unofficial Cprog IRC channel
    Server: irc.phoenixradio.org
    Channel: #Tech


    Team Cprog Folding@Home: Team #43476
    Download it Here
    Detailed Stats Here
    More Detailed Stats
    52 Members so far, are YOU a member?
    Current team score: 1223226 (ranked 374 of 45152)

    The CBoard team is doing better than 99.16% of the other teams
    Top 5 Members: Xterria(518175), pianorain(118517), Bennet(64957), JaWiB(55610), alphaoide(44374)

    Last Updated on: Wed, 30 Aug, 2006 @ 2:30 PM EDT

  6. #21
    RoD
    RoD is offline
    Redundantly Redundant RoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    6,331
    their definition of free is moronic. I dont have to pay for opera, no one does. i did though, because its awsome.

  7. #22
    Registered User major_small's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,787
    Quote Originally Posted by RoD
    their definition of free is moronic. I dont have to pay for opera, no one does. i did though, because its awsome.
    so you're saying that america is not 'free' because it costs money to live here?

    are you also saying that merican HeritageŽ Dictionary of the English Language, Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, WordNet 2.0, The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing, and CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary all are wrong in their definiton of free?

    the point is: the word 'free' really has very little to do with money.

    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=free
    Last edited by major_small; 02-10-2005 at 10:59 PM.
    Join is in our Unofficial Cprog IRC channel
    Server: irc.phoenixradio.org
    Channel: #Tech


    Team Cprog Folding@Home: Team #43476
    Download it Here
    Detailed Stats Here
    More Detailed Stats
    52 Members so far, are YOU a member?
    Current team score: 1223226 (ranked 374 of 45152)

    The CBoard team is doing better than 99.16% of the other teams
    Top 5 Members: Xterria(518175), pianorain(118517), Bennet(64957), JaWiB(55610), alphaoide(44374)

    Last Updated on: Wed, 30 Aug, 2006 @ 2:30 PM EDT

  8. #23
    RoD
    RoD is offline
    Redundantly Redundant RoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    6,331
    im saying i disagree with that.

  9. #24
    Registered User major_small's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    2,787
    disagree with what? the english language? or the definition GNU decides to use in their licences, which currently has over 28,000 projects under them on freshmeat alone, which makes up for over 70% of all programs on the site?

    http://freshmeat.net/stats/#license

    edit: I'm just out for a short debate... not to pick on you or anything...
    Last edited by major_small; 02-10-2005 at 11:20 PM. Reason: no hard feelings
    Join is in our Unofficial Cprog IRC channel
    Server: irc.phoenixradio.org
    Channel: #Tech


    Team Cprog Folding@Home: Team #43476
    Download it Here
    Detailed Stats Here
    More Detailed Stats
    52 Members so far, are YOU a member?
    Current team score: 1223226 (ranked 374 of 45152)

    The CBoard team is doing better than 99.16% of the other teams
    Top 5 Members: Xterria(518175), pianorain(118517), Bennet(64957), JaWiB(55610), alphaoide(44374)

    Last Updated on: Wed, 30 Aug, 2006 @ 2:30 PM EDT

  10. #25
    5|-|1+|-|34|) ober's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,429
    Quote Originally Posted by major_small
    since when was Opera Free?
    Well... if we're going by that definition, IE/Firefox/Netscape/etc.... none of them are free.

  11. #26
    Mayor of Awesometown Govtcheez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    8,825
    Quote Originally Posted by major_small
    so you're saying that america is not 'free' because it costs money to live here?
    That's a moronic comparison.

    Opera might not be "free" by that definition, but the last time I checked, I didn't pay any money for it, so that makes it free enough to the 99% of the population who doesn't feel the need to impress their definition of "free" to make themselves feel better.

    edit: To clarify, just because GNU has their extremely limited definition doesn't change the fact that most people take "free" to mean "I didn't pay anything". I would expect to see that kind of reasoning on a place like Slashdot, but not here.
    Last edited by Govtcheez; 02-11-2005 at 10:10 AM.

  12. #27
    BMJ
    BMJ is offline
    Banal internet user BMJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJ
    Your browser is bad and you should feel bad!

    (Not a Firefox user)
    I got a lot of negative rep for this.

    Stop being such passionate morons.

  13. #28
    Just one more wrong move. -KEN-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    3,230
    Quote Originally Posted by ober
    Well... if we're going by that definition, IE/Firefox/Netscape/etc.... none of them are free.
    Actually, Firefox does fit that definition. But Richard Stallman is a freak of nature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21