I feel kind of bad asking this big of a favor here right after joining, but I'm pretty desperate so I hope you won't think bad of me and will offer your assistance. I was referred here after asking the same question at the notebookforums.
In my English 1002 class, I am writing a report in which I need to do two interviews with computer programmers. I have already completed one, and I don't know where to turn for the next one, so I'm trying here. My interview is only ten easy to answer questions. So I ask, if you are a computer programmer, it would be of great help to me if you would please answer my questions and send the answers to me ASAP via just replying here, e-mail (email@example.com), or AIM (FloodFighter117).
To clarify, I need computer programmers that are actually employed as computer programmers, and make a living off of doing so.
Please answer the following questions and provide for me your first and last name, place of employment, and position title at your job, if any (and any other information you think may be useful to me is also appreciated) for Works Cited purposes:
1) Do you enjoy your job, and whether you do or don't, has this job always been something you've wanted to do?
2) Did your job cause you to have to move/be away from your family?
3) Where do you work (or are you self employed)? Please give a brief description of the type of industry your place of employment is (i.e. Software design, producing consumer goods such as food or medicines, furniture manufacturer). Note: If you are self-employed, please briefly describe what you do.
4) How long have you worked there/been in business for yourself?
5) (If applicable) Does your place of employment offer promotions/advancement in positions or pay?
6) Do you work in comfortable surroundings (Please describe your work environment [i.e. office, home, organized, cubicle, unorganized,etc.])?
7) What are your work hours (i.e. Normal 40 hour work week, work late some days, work weekends, a lot of overtime)?
8) What do you like the most and the least about your job?
9) Does this job allow you and your family to live comfortably (i.e. No worrying about money, allows you to provide for your family's/your needs and [reasonable] wants).
10) Do you ever fear the stability of your job (not fear of being fired, but fear of being laid off or something similiar)?
Thank you very much! I want to make this as painless as possible for you since you are helping me so much, so if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me by any of the methods I mentioned in the first paragraph of this topic.