Sorry to go through the basics;My 3 roommates and I have a Ethernet LAN set up in our rented house. I'm running Windows ME and they're all running Windows 98. Two of the 98 machines are running just fine - they can see all the other computers on the network. My computer and one of the 98 machine can only see the other computers if we go into the network neighborhood and put it "\\Computer name".
1. They all have TCP/IP installed?
2. Try giving each pc a discrete IP. For example pc1 - 192.168.0.1, pc2 - 192.168.0.2....so..so..
3. Make sure each pc has a seperate name and they are not conflicting. Control Panel->Network->Identification->Computer name.
4. Try pinging each pc when they each have individual IPs. IE Dos-> "ping 192.168.0.1"
5. Try load up Netbeui on each machine. Can you see each pc now?
6. Make sure you give the network 5 mins after each change and keep refreshing Network Neighbourhood. Amazing what a little patience will do from time to time.
er..... thats all I can think of right now.....
Often networks are a pain in the arse.......The people who administer and install them for a living often look like they belong in LOTR...