Blew my apex seals

This is a discussion on Blew my apex seals within the A Brief History of Cprogramming.com forums, part of the Community Boards category; I'll buy a Honda probably for a first car because they are cheap and reliable. Fast, no. Did I mention ...

  1. #31
    ___
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    806
    I'll buy a Honda probably for a first car because they are cheap and reliable. Fast, no. Did I mention they are cheap?
    "When I die I want to pass peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car."

  2. #32
    RoD
    RoD is offline
    Redundantly Redundant RoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    6,331
    >>they are cheap and reliable

    So is a go kart, doesnt mean u wanna be seen in it.

  3. #33
    ___
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    806
    Originally posted by RoD
    >>they are cheap and reliable

    So is a go kart, doesnt mean u wanna be seen in it.
    Well some people are rich enough to buy a Ferrari for their first car. I will get a cheap Honda drive it through college and then get a new one when I can afford it.
    "When I die I want to pass peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car."

  4. #34
    RoD
    RoD is offline
    Redundantly Redundant RoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    6,331
    i started with an escort. The best thing bout driving a beater as your first car is u dont care if u wreck it hehe. If i wrapped the escort round something i woulda shrugged it off, if i wrapped the 7 on the other hand..

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,708
    I was in my lambourghini racing a yugo on the audobahn going 347miles per hour when all of a sudden my jump jet helicopter pack exploded and the parachute fell off of the back but got stuck by the wires that held the pack on the car so the entire thing slowed me down and then I was only going 250 miles per hour but then all of a sudden my 15th and 16th pistons seized up (I think it's because the third and fourth turbo chargers exploded from the strain) decreasing the overall power of my engine by 10% slowing me down even more which really started to make me mad but then it all climaxed when we hit a small bump and the curved top of my lambourghini forced the air pressure along the top of the car to be less than the air pressure underneath the car effectively causing lift forcing me up into the air. I flew for 20 feet then exploded. Right now I'm in the hospital in germany getting a spongebath from the nurses.

    and I've got a picture of my lambourghini to prove it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #36
    RoD
    RoD is offline
    Redundantly Redundant RoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    6,331
    lmfao @ silv...good $$$$

  7. #37
    ___
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    806
    Originally posted by Silvercord
    I was in my lambourghini racing a yugo on the audobahn going 347miles per hour when all of a sudden my jump jet helicopter pack exploded and the parachute fell off of the back but got stuck by the wires that held the pack on the car so the entire thing slowed me down and then I was only going 250 miles per hour but then all of a sudden my 15th and 16th pistons seized up (I think it's because the third and fourth turbo chargers exploded from the strain) decreasing the overall power of my engine by 10% slowing me down even more which really started to make me mad but then it all climaxed when we hit a small bump and the curved top of my lambourghini forced the air pressure along the top of the car to be less than the air pressure underneath the car effectively causing lift forcing me up into the air. I flew for 20 feet then exploded. Right now I'm in the hospital in germany getting a spongebath from the nurses.

    and I've got a picture of my lambourghini to prove it
    I thought they only had 12 pistons. Is it modified for racing or something?
    "When I die I want to pass peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car."

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,708
    Well obviously zakk don't be so asinine stupid loser fart head

    I thought you might like that RoD. Because if you didn't you would die.

  9. #39
    ___
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    806
    Originally posted by Silvercord
    Well obviously zakk don't be so asinine stupid loser fart head

    I thought you might like that RoD. Because if you didn't you would die.
    A little touchy there...I was just making sure you weren't pulling a large bull $$$$.
    "When I die I want to pass peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car."

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,708
    are you mocking me?

    If I knew where you lived I'd sit on you and crap

    A LOT!

  11. #41
    ___
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    806
    Crap on me? The stench of my pee can overpower your foregn country crap. McDonalds for every meal is the key!
    "When I die I want to pass peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car."

  12. #42
    Super Moderator VirtualAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    9,596
    I did not realize that the RX7 turbo's went that high. My Eagle Talon's turbo wastegates at 11 PSI and it can only take a max of 12.5 before you risk doing damage to the valve.

    I'm quite surprised that your engine head and head gasket can take that much boost. Too much turbo can yank head bolts right out the head and do other very nasty and expensive things.

  13. #43
    Crazy Fool Perspective's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,640
    i think this belongs in this thread....

    the Fast and the Furious
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  14. #44
    RoD
    RoD is offline
    Redundantly Redundant RoD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    6,331
    LMFAO!!!!

    Haha, well rotaries and piston motors are COMPLETELY different, ive never seen a piston motor that can spin to 30 grand in RPM's all day long, but rotaries do it all the time lol.

    obviously, zak, silvercords post went right over your head....

    Ok i gotta go to my gf's in a bit and i wont be home tonite so if i dont reply ill pick it up when i get home.
    Last edited by RoD; 07-12-2003 at 02:12 PM.

  15. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,109
    Hondas aren't exactly cheap.. What year and what are you comparing it to? They hold their value really well. I don't think $30k+ Hondas are cheap..

    I drive a 2000 Accord; its my first car. Would I modify it, yes. I have somewhat, not much, just a rear sway bar and front upper strut bar; oh, and the stereo. I don't really know how far I will go. If I had the money to spend, why not. I'd have more than just one car though.. I have thought of turbo charging it, but in time.

    Sure, it could cost more to mod a Honda , but at the same time, people choose to do it. I've seen some nice Hondas. And then there is always the 4000hp Integra that Bob Norwood built.

    But whatever you choose to drive and mod, it's just that enthusiasm that makes it fun.. I like seeing modded cars of all makes..

    There are a lot of "riced" out hondas. But it's not just hondas.

    I actually don't know what I would want for my next car. Maybe Euro, maybe an STi. I'd like something with AWD. and manual tranny. DSMs are nice.. hmm.. i'll see then..

    Was the FD modded somewhat when you bought it? which modding a car doesn't increase its value though. That price is kindof high..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. US Navy Seals
    By BillBoeBaggins in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-10-2003, 08:53 PM
  2. SOCOM navy seals cheats
    By drdodirty2002 in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 12:02 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21