With all the recent discussion of LAN parties and the like, i feel it is time to finally organize an official cprogramming LAN of our own. The purpose of this thread is for anyone within the united states (unless you are going to travel into the USA) to please post answers to the following questions.
Answering them will aid me in picking a fair, central located state, for the location. We want to make travel as easy on everyone as possible. Nothing is set in stone, this is merely to mold from an idea to a reality. Please try and keep common discussion outside of this thread unless you really need to say something.
1) What is your current state? IE NJ, FL, CA, etc (not mental state)
2) How far are you willing to travel to attend the LAN?
3) Would you, if needed, pay a small entry fee? *
4) We would like to do this in September, how does that work for you personally?
5) Could you contribute to the equipment? **
6) Any other questions YOU may have or information you feel needs to be collected, please post it and i will edit/answer accordingly.
* I'm only asking this to get an idea of who would be willing to contribute. I have never needed this before, but its going to depend on cost of location and number of attendence. It is NOT a requirement for attendence.
** Again i have always had plenty of equipment, but i dont know how big this will get, so i feel the need to ask.