LAN Party 2003
With all the recent discussion of LAN parties and the like, i feel it is time to finally organize an official cprogramming LAN of our own. The purpose of this thread is for anyone within the united states (unless you are going to travel into the USA) to please post answers to the following questions.
Answering them will aid me in picking a fair, central located state, for the location. We want to make travel as easy on everyone as possible. Nothing is set in stone, this is merely to mold from an idea to a reality. Please try and keep common discussion outside of this thread unless you really need to say something.
1) What is your current state? IE NJ, FL, CA, etc (not mental state)
2) How far are you willing to travel to attend the LAN?
3) Would you, if needed, pay a small entry fee? *
4) We would like to do this in September, how does that work for you personally?
5) Could you contribute to the equipment? **
6) Any other questions YOU may have or information you feel needs to be collected, please post it and i will edit/answer accordingly.
* I'm only asking this to get an idea of who would be willing to contribute. I have never needed this before, but its going to depend on cost of location and number of attendence. It is NOT a requirement for attendence.
** Again i have always had plenty of equipment, but i dont know how big this will get, so i feel the need to ask.
2) not very far (to connecticut, at most)
3) can't afford to
4) unsure, earlier is better
5) one computer, maybe an ethernet cable, but card is voodoo3
1) Currently I'm not living in USA, but I'm going to travel 45 days in July and August. I'll be in NY and North Carolina.
2) Nothing so far.
3) I wouldn't mind if is a small fee.
4) I wont be in September, but earlier I'll be.
5) Well, I'm not sure, but maybe with some video cards and DDR mem if is needed.
By equipment i mean switches, hubs, cables, etc.
August is a possibility, lets see where this goes.
I'm sorry, my parents won't let me go. Very restrictive when it comes to things that I want to do.
Hold it in NS, then I will be able to attend.
1) IL - Chicago
2) I would only be willing to travel distance if I knew other cproggers would be there
3) Sure would
4) Fine by me
5) If it was near Chicago
It might be better just to play games online, the majority of the people here cannot afford to travel to a LAN Party.
2) not very far at all
4) cutting it close - i start college in october
5) probably not
6) idk if this will work... we're too spread out...
what college major_small?
Yea we are pretty spread out...hmm....maybe i should just rent out one of those high-powered half life servers they rent for like a day or two and organize a big ass (or several small) hl/counter strike games, etc...what do u think?
I could definitely go for CS.
>>Yea we are pretty spread out...hmm....maybe i should just rent out one of those high-powered half life servers they rent for like a day or two and organize a big ass (or several small) hl/counter strike games, etc...what do u think?<<
Then we could all play right? Woohoo, you're going down boy.
maybe thats a bad idea, i might do permanent damage to meeper's ego :D
I'm on dial-up, so I still won't be able to play :(