Requesting Java Chat Client Maintenence
I'm not familiar with the rules regarding posts like these, so if I'm breaking any of them, take down this post and I won't complain.
Over the past two months, I and a few other people at flashdaddee.com developed a chat server and a chat client program. These are stable (2 weeks straight for server, and counting), and they work fine. If anyone wants to look at the source code, look here
A person called [EMOBA] has finished the java applet client version of the program. However, he's now out of the project. And I've been gone for one month, so nothing's been happening.
Is there anyone versed in java and/or java applets who is willing to maintain this piece of code? I'm trying to get the current code from [EMOBA] now, but in the meantime, if you want to look at some slightly earlier code, there's also the java source code at the above link.
- standard text messaging in one chat room
- private messaging to single nicknames
- A php script link can show who's currently online, without actually opening the program to check. Flashdaddee has it on every page of the forums, in the link titled "Who's Online"
- check current server time
- /me action chat
This project contains:
- a linux chat server
- a command-line chat client, linux or windows (via cygwin)
- a python GUI client for linux, windows, or whatever else that supports python and tkinter
- a java chat application (completed, but outdated)
- a java chat applet (close to completion, needs maintinence)
This project isn't something that will just be finished... features will be added over time.