***If you haven't yet read the Dune series, turn back now. And while you're at it, get to the nearest library or bookstore and start reading. Is good, yes.***
I watched about half an hour of Children of Dune last night and I, being one one of the biggest Dune fans around, hated it. In the first 10 minutes I had already started a list of things that were just wrong:
1. The 'thopters simply weren't 'thopters.
2. Leto and Ghanima were too old (in the book they are nine years old, in the movie they are on the order of 17 or 18)
3. In the book, Jessica wore the black aba robe of a Reverend Mother at all times.
4. Where's Gurney's inkvine scar?
5. Duncan Idaho's hair is supposed to be black, not brown.
6. This particular Duncan, the first of the Idaho gholas, is supposed to have tleilaxu metal eyes.
7. Shai-hulud does not congregate.
These are all that I can remember for now.