I am writing a career paper for school and I must have an interview with a person curentlly working in the career I choose. I figured this is a programming board and odds are that there is at least a few professional programmers here(meaning you work for a company and get paid). I have a list of 10 questions and I will also need your e-mail, name, and the name of the company you work for. You can eitehr e-mail me this or post it here(I realize that some people may not want to post their name or email in a public place.) My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. OK, here are the questions:
1) How long have you been in your present position?
2) Why did you choose the field of work that you are in?
3) How did you hear about this job(ad, friend, job placement specialist, other)?
4) Did your training, education, etc. prepare you for this job? Explain
5) Where id you recieve your training/education for this job?
6) Has the job met your expectations? In what way?
7) Have you been required to get further training/education to improve your performance/skills? Explain
8) What are the most rewarding aspects of your job?
9) What one thing would you change about your job?
10) What advice would you have for someone entering this field of work?