I'm still going to need a lot of suggesstion on finishing the visible portion of the game - Graphics, sound, etc - all the other coding is done. I thought with all the questions, there'd be enough conversation to make it feasible to have an ongoing thread. A couple of questions:
1) I'm still open to suggestions for the name, the top choices so far:
- The NASA Game
- Outer Limits
- Kennedy's Challenge
- The non-Microsoft Space Flight Simulator Game (at least people would instantly know from the name that my program works)
2) I'm picking the theme music. I'll be coding it by hand into a MIDI file, and then I've got a progrm to convert that to a WAV file. My best (and only) choice so far is a medley of the theme music from Apollo 13, and the Star-Spangled Banner, but if anyone else has any suggestions, I'd really apprdciate those too.
3) I'm still looking for an easy way to archive all my BMP, WAV and other misc. files so I can access them easily for my game. I was thinking of a DLL, but someone told me that wasn't a good idea. Why not? And does anyone have any other suggestions?
4) There will be others, but I can't remember them right now - this should be plenty of conversation for the time being anyway. Thanks in advance if you can give any suggestions - I'll be sure to mention the board in the credits!